X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
    Did you look at the last two pics on that link? that's a fully painted mask. Nothing translucent. Seems to me this guy was a man of many of the (same) faces hence the name false face.
    If you are referring to the pics from Chuck Williams, that is a modern mask from the same mold. He even says its translucent, I posted the last pic in the thread with Robin holding one. The vintage ones are cast in a translucent flesh tone. so the color of the person wearing the mask will show through. lightly dying it pink will get the right results. Slopping flesh paint on won't.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

You can even see the Malachi Throne's nose thru this one.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Chuck Williams is very meticulous in his research and costume re-creations. He also notes that these Topstone masks, which are what were used , are still in production. Jan Kemp was the '66 costumer designer. Williams mentions that make-up man [likely Bruce Huthinson] added makeup to portions of the mask to blend with Throne's face.

This is apparent especially at the jawline and may be what I was thinking were painted highlights. It's interesting to compare close-ups with long-shots and to consider how the mask was modified to the corresponding lighting.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 5, '17, 8:27 AM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Got my false face masks today and all I can say is I highly recommend getting these if you plan on making False Face.You can clearly see these where made exactly for false face. FTC did great with these

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^ I agree. I'm really looking forward to seeing customs--I'm undecided what base head to use.

I hope folks find my costume list handy.

I have some extra John-Boy stuff, so the engineer would be easy.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              ^ I agree. I'm really looking forward to seeing customs--I'm undecided what base head to use.

I hope folks find my costume list handy.

I have some extra John-Boy stuff, so the engineer would be easy.
              ah I want to show you what I've done but the pics won't upload here from some reason

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I plan to do a gray-suited version. But the fedora is tripping me up. I may end up using the redheaded, whiteface AA AJ head as a base if I can't find a good hat.

I'm mulling over some others, too. An O'Hara/FF 2-pack would be apt and sweeeet.

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

I plan to do a gray-suited version. But the fedora is tripping me up. I may end up using the redheaded, whiteface AA AJ head as a base if I can't find a good hat.

I'm mulling over some others, too. An O'Hara/FF 2-pack would be apt and sweeeet.
                  I am almost done! Oh it looks so good!

(All of a sudden the museum won't accept pics??)
                  Last edited by Teemu; Feb 6, '17, 9:20 PM.

Comment

• jacoblb
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2009

Someone, I suspect it was you, shared an outstanding, finished False Face custom on a Mego Facebook group today.

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by jacoblb
                      Someone, I suspect it was you, shared an outstanding, finished False Face custom on a Mego Facebook group today.
                      Yep! that's me.... I am trying to post pictures here but it won't let me all of a sudden

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

I've had issues posting pics as well.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• apes3978
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 19, 2005

Looking fwd. to seeing what you eventually come up with...

Yep! that's me.... I am trying to post pictures here but it won't let me all of a sudden
                          Looking fwd. to seeing what you came up with too...

Comment

• captact
                            King of Super Queens!
                            • Aug 19, 2007

CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR PICS!!! But something wont let ANYONE post any pics AT ALL!!!!!!

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by apes3978
                              Looking fwd. to seeing what you eventually come up with...

Looking fwd. to seeing what you came up with too...
                              Originally posted by captact
                              CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR PICS!!! But something wont let ANYONE post any pics AT ALL!!!!!!
                              False Face pics are up- http://megomuseum.com/community/show...man-False-Face

Comment

• apes3978
                                Permanent Member
                                • Nov 19, 2005

Checked him out.. He looks great...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎