• Show
Clear All
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Teen Titans Robin and Beast Boy

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

Robin's head was huuuge on the Titan sized figure, but looks fantastic on the 8-inch body. His head looks much more like Perez era Titans. This is the Robin I've always wanted and I'm thrilled with him. This head would also go nicely on the Nightwing and I'll definitely upgrade him as well.

Beast Boy is fantastic as is--head sculpt is both size and age appropriate, and his costume fits him well. And he does have a green body as well. The mask is very thin, maybe even fabric and is glued on. I expect we'll see a maskless Changeling before too long.
    Last edited by Krypt0nite; Jan 12, '17, 6:00 PM.
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Thanks for the pictures! They look nice.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

thanks,now maybe i'll buy them
      Last edited by powersthatbe; Jan 12, '17, 6:36 PM.

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

Ditto on the thanks for sharing. Looking forward to FTC's newest waves.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks so much!
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Looks good! The Robin head sculpt is great. I don't know if we will ever see it sold as a part, but if it does get broken out and sold separately, I am definitely making a new, modern 8" Robin.

Comment

• rodkeith
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 16, 2008

Those two look pretty nice in-hand. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Figure8
                Museum Patron
                • May 18, 2016

In the promo pics it already looked like Robin's head and clothes were meant for a bigger figure. Maybe FTC will recycle them for another Batman wave with an 8-inch Robin? Apart from scale issues the sculpt looks perfect - and so does Beast Boy.
                Last edited by Figure8; Jan 13, '17, 4:20 PM.

Comment

• darkbros
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 3, 2012

Thanks for the pics and that's good news on the Beast Boy Head.
                  Without the Mask, the head can be reused for many customs I suppose.
                  I can't wait for the Robin head to be parted out!

http://megomuseum.com/community/atta...7&d=1483725338
                  Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                  https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                  "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

The Robin head does look ludicrously big on the teen body, but the sculpt does look like an excellent Perez/70's Teen Wonder. I imagine it would make for a great 8" Robin; give us a Robin tunic with an open collar on the cape, and we'd basically have all you need for a dead on New Teen Titans Robin.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 21, 2009

I was a bit disappointed in the new Teen Titans series. Robin - yeah, the head's too big. Beast Boy's mask is kind of clumsily glued to his face, and his pants are too short. His green legs peek through between his boots and costume. Hawk and Dove are pretty good, but the sculpt of the faces is more detailed than the costume, making the whole of the figure inconsistent. Glad to have these, but they could have been better.

What's the deal with the original Batgirl (seen on the back of the figure card)? Is she coming out solo? Part of a series 3? An exclusive?

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Got the new set last night:

Robin: Yup, the head is great 8" scale on a 7" body. Great for a NTT 8" Robin, though. The costume is good and well fitting, but the wire in the cape is poking out on one side (bad problem with this set, see below). Take a Speedy head and paint the hair black and you've got a decent Titans scaled Robin.

Beast Boy: Mask is kind of junky, just a piece of cloth, but that's the only major flaw. Not a fan of the short sleeves and pants to stop at the glove and boot tops, but that is the style of these figures, so no reasonable points off there. Head sculpt is good and in scale, costume is really the best of the bunch. And his body is green all through far as I can tell.

Hawk: A mess. The notches of the boot tops and glove tops being painted on the costume is understandable, but it doesn't work well here. The front part where the red comes up on the white is just bad, and the wing/cape thing looks like ti started as a good idea and went way south fast. The strips have wires in them which could work to get the right effect, but the strips are ridiculously short for that, they're missing at least one pair to pull off the look, and three of the four strips have the rounded edges of the wires poking out of the neckline. The neck part is way off center, and the head has the weird extra dark lines outlining things, which makes him a bad match for the Titans we already have. One of the worst figures they've done, period. Is everyone seeing the wire problem mentioned above or do I need to try to return this one?

Dove: Not much better than Hawk, same problems with the dark lines on the head. The painted tops to the boots and gloves does work a lot better here, but the cape is attached in a really odd manner that makes it about as funky as Marvin's, if not more so. And he has some really dark paint of the lips; FTC does know this is Don, and not Dawn Granger, the female Dove, right?

So one pretty good one, one with the wrong sized head, one pretty sorry one, and one total, complete and utter mess of a figure. Not the best they've done by a long shot.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                          Radioactive!
                          • Feb 13, 2010

I had the same wire problem with Robin, which is why I kept the SF cape when I upgraded him.

Sorry to hear about the problems with Hawk and Dove.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

*sigh* Beast Boy's mask isn't pleather/vinyl/plastic?
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              *sigh* Beast Boy's mask isn't pleather/vinyl/plastic?
                              Nope, just a piece of material, not that that couldn't work if it was glued/fitted better to the face.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎