• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figure8
    Museum Patron
    • May 18, 2016

Damaged clamshells - factory-related?

Hi,
    is it possible that some FTC figures leave the factory in damaged clamshells? I’ve just received a couple of figures (Aquaman and Bruce Wayne) with damaged shells and I’m not sure if the seller is to blame. The box he used for shipping was a bit too flat for two figures and the bubbles might have been squeezed bit. But I’m not convinced this actually caused the damage. Aquaman’s bubble has several cracks on the bottom – but they almost look like the bubble was cut or poked with a stick. I don’t think the bottom was exposed to any pressure from the box, and the sides and front of the bubble look just fine. With Bruce Wayne it’s the inner tray where a small piece at the bottom corner has broken off. The bubble itself shows no damage at all. I don’t believe this was caused by rough handling of the box, since it's in perfect shape. Instead I’m wondering if clamshells might possibly be damaged during molding. Maybe cracks occur when surfaces aren’t really smooth before cooling or the plastic isn’t distributed evenly in the mold?
    On a positive note, I really like that Aquaman figure a lot. I never had the original and the character has never been too high on my wish-list. But now I’m really happy with the figure. I just love the simplicity of the design and the vibrant colors.
  • skullface
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 29, 2012

I have had a few from eBay sellers show with cracks. Most are on the backs,also have the Adams batman with arm off and a 66 Batman with the same arm at glove off...

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎