X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by darkmonkeygod
    This is pretty darned cool. Designer Blake Noh has posted a video overview of the process of creating the Kong toys. How I'd love to see such a thing for AHI from 1974.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0rD...ature=youtu.be

Thanks for posting that. Definitely cool seeing behind-the-scenes stuff. As a graphic designer and prepress technician, it was cool to hear (briefly) about the package design, dieline work, etc.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
      Career Member
      • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
      Thanks for posting that. Definitely cool seeing behind-the-scenes stuff. As a graphic designer and prepress technician, it was cool to hear (briefly) about the package design, dieline work, etc.
      Glad you dug it, I love seeing process work too!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

That was very cool. I love to see the behind the scenes take on toy production. Makes me think that they are a bit shortchanged when on shelves in stores.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 15, 2010

This is the best new licensed toyline to come along in years - affordable, expandable, and offers a terrific play experience. For less than $100, you can give a kid (or kid at heart,) a complete playset that will give them hours of fun. It scales with pre-existing THE CORPS! toys, which makes play possibilities endless.

This line deserves to be a hit, and I hope we see even more down the road from Lanard.
          Last edited by The Batman Professor; Mar 7, '17, 4:15 PM.
          sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by The Batman Professor
            This is the best new licensed toyline to come along in years - affordable, expandable, and offers a terrific play experience. For less than $100, you can give a kid (or kid at heart,) a complete playset that will give them hours of fun. It scales with pre-existing THE CORPS! toys, which makes play possibilities endless.

This line deserves to be a hit, and I hope we see even more down the road from Lanard.
            Couldn't agree more! What really sticks out to me are the box sets...you get a fully articulated four inch figure, a vehicle and a monster all for $10. Yet Hasbro cries all the time about having to charge $13 for a four inch figure with no accessories.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
              Career Member
              • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by The Batman Professor

Right there with you. I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to see more characters from the "Monsterverse" from Lanard as those film progress...

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 15, 2010

sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• bob hauk
                  • Feb 14, 2013

I snagged a Kong right after the movie came out and wanted to get a few more for different project. However, Walmart has all the products listed as sold-out online and the stores I've been in have next to nothing left. Any word on whether or not we'll get a restock or am I stuck with paying outrageous prices on the second-hand market for another Kong?

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

our local WalMart had plenty of stock this past weekend, more in fact than at any time since the line was released a few months back when
                    I started picking it up.

-M
                    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• silentj76
                      • Aug 25, 2009

I actually work on the over night stocking crew at my local walmart and I 've only seen a total of four of these on the shelf. They seem to sell out fast. It is a pretty cool figure and a good price. I'm curious to see what lanard has in store for godzilla figs.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

I checked local stores (multiple times) and the website and these bad boys were no where to be found. Had to pay close to $50 on ebay. Would have rather paid less but I'm glad I got one. Very cool figure.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎