Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel Legends now up to 682 figures and counting...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Marvel Legends now up to 682 figures and counting...

HOLY. CRAP.

That's gotta be the biggest super hero toyline ever...far surpassing Mattel's DC line.
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Wow, that is an amazing amount of figures.

Comment

• Boris71
      GeekBot' For Life
      • May 13, 2007

Wonder if that number includes the repaint variants they did early on and the build a figures, also wondering as well if they included the FF, Spider-Man, Hulk and X-Men Classic lines in there, and the movie six inch lines?
      Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

I have all the Toy Biz ones. I quit the line when Hasbro took over, with rare exceptions of some early wave figures I got on clearance. Hasbro handled the Legends line fine, most of what they made looked good. I thought the early female figures had poor face sculpts. Not to mention DST still continues to outpoor Marvel figures too. But I guess that was like DC toys and Mattel doing the same thing.

I voted with my wallet when Toy Biz lost, but it didn't mean anything in the scheme of things. Toy Biz offered a free comic, a build a figure piece, and action figure for $7.99. The cost doubled in Hasbro's hands.

Today they're $20 each, I can't justify the cost. I won't even buy Star Wars at that price. A lump of plastic for $20 versus what I can get away with for a retro cloth. I choose retro cloth now. Anyway, quite a legacy. Does any member here collect the entire line and how many doubled down with loose/open and MIB(P)/sealed Legend figures?

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
          Time to feed the cat
          • Dec 30, 2007

So many figures just not enough space . Juggernaut is still my favorite

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Above, jacobib had me thinking that as an odd irony/juxtaposition to being on this board, my focus is on avoiding "soft goods" figure product. I still have a lot of FTC and other retro product filtering into my collection, but cloth-based figures just aren't that fun to pose and display in action scenes for me, and that's what it comes down to in my appreciation for the (unprecedentedly) ongoing Legends line.

I think that for nerdom overall Legends getting into those obscure MARVEL characters and variants all together in an in-scale line is awesome... and for ME.... whether it's DC or MARVEL, the overwhelming majority of what I want as far as character variants is "Bronze Age Era" variants... and, well, all I have to do is direct ya to the recent classic Sue Storm/H.E.R.B.I.E. reveal and there's the value of the continued line right there for me.

Maybe if DCUC would have continued someone would have been considering a 6-inch scale Bronze Age Metallo or a BA Sargon, or a BA Fisherman or BA Angle Man. Legends keeps hope alive for BA MARVEL characters (as well as hope for re-dos in the smoother current style of Legends.... just happily added a new-style Legends Phoenix to my collection).

And, I can't not add that Legends is what started a lot (if not ALL) of the trend of the format of what I enjoy collecting most today.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

I buy the occasional Legends 6 inch scale figure, if it's one of my favourite characters.
              Most of the time I purchase the Marvel Universe 3.75 inch scale line (later rebranded Infinite and now Legends), particularly the larger characters like Hulk, Rhino, Juggernaut, etc. Hasbro were doing a good job in that scale although in recent years articulation has been reduced for many figures and paint apps have suffered.
              (Toy Biz did a great job on their 3.75 inch Showdown 2 packs years ago, too.)
              I'm picking up a lot more Marvel Select figures these days... cheaper than Hasbro and bigger with great sculpts.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by huedell
                Above, jacobib had me thinking that as an odd irony/juxtaposition to being on this board, my focus is on avoiding "soft goods" figure product. I still have a lot of FTC and other retro product filtering into my collection, but cloth-based figures just aren't that fun to pose and display in action scenes for me, and that's what it comes down to in my appreciation for the (unprecedentedly) ongoing Legends line.

I think that for nerdom overall Legends getting into those obscure MARVEL characters and variants all together in an in-scale line is awesome... and for ME.... whether it's DC or MARVEL, the overwhelming majority of what I want as far as character variants is "Bronze Age Era" variants... and, well, all I have to do is direct ya to the recent classic Sue Storm/H.E.R.B.I.E. reveal and there's the value of the continued line right there for me.

Maybe if DCUC would have continued someone would have been considering a 6-inch scale Bronze Age Metallo or a BA Sargon, or a BA Fisherman or BA Angle Man. Legends keeps hope alive for BA MARVEL characters (as well as hope for re-dos in the smoother current style of Legends.... just happily added a new-style Legends Phoenix to my collection).

And, I can't not add that Legends is what started a lot (if not ALL) of the trend of the format of what I enjoy collecting most today.
                Agree wholeheartedly...ML's obscure character selection is what really attracts me and a lot of other people to the line. In just the past couple years they've produced figures of Tiger Shark, Batroc, Whirlwind, Dreadknight, Baron Zemo, Cottonmouth, Brother Voodoo, Machine Man...now there's a disco era Dazzler coming!
                I'm still hoping to see Sauron, Puppet Master and Baron Blood some day.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 28, 2013

I have almost bought Machine Man on probably 4 different occasions. I think I have Madman from the Legendary line which is in the same scale, right?

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

I had all of Toy Biz Marvel Legends from the start in 2002 (15th anniversary in 2017!) I lived in Arkansas until 2005 and found all ML in stores mainly Wal-Mart. Southern small town Wal-Mart are Goldmines! I remember TB ML were only $7 each and came with a diorama then BAF piece and a full size comic book reprints of classic Issues of the Character! In 2007 Hasbro dropped the comic book and raised the price to $10 then stopped ML in 2009 to focus on 4" Marvel Universe. ML returned in 2012 at $16 each then in 2014 movie tie-in at $20 each. $20 is too much but I still collect some. I sold all my TB ML after I moved outside St Louis in 2005 and when Hasbro 1st quit making ML. Big Mistake! Hasbro is making improved versions of TB ML. I can't wait for Toy Fair ML reveals in February!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎