X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melstapler
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 2, 2014

NECA will make Blade Runner 2049 figures from the new film

Was excited to hear that NECA will be releasing figures and other products associated with the new Blade Runner 2049 film starring Harrison Ford, Ryan Gosling, Dave Bautista and Jared Leto. The movie trailer looks great as well. If you think it's a dream, read their official press release:

Last edited by melstapler; Jan 9, '17, 1:36 PM.
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

It's strange after all this time there is no original Blade Runner toys out there,hopefully this will change that.

Comment

• melstapler
      Museum Super Collector
      • Aug 2, 2014

Definitely. If this line from the new film does well, hopefully they will also release figures from the classic film. With other lines such as Evil Dead and Ash Vs. Evil Dead, it's nice to have the current character versions in addition to the original ones. Always wanted to have a figure of Rutger Hauer's character Roy Batty.

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

This new Blade Runner 2049 movie would have to be the best sequel EVER, to legitimize NECA not leading a new figure announcement with inclusion of classic Batty and Deckard figures (not to mention, possibly Leon, Pris and/or Zhora or Sean Young's character).
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I'm hoping the license gives Neca full reign to explore the previous film. It only makes since to have a current and retro Blade Runner. That fits in their wheelhouse and certainly caters to the merchandising arm of this new movie by offering all vintages of these characters.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

The classic Blade Runner license was in the hands of a law firm. My friend tracked them down (not easy) only to be cut off mid sentence with a "no" to licensed products.

Hopefully, the new film also includes a classic license now.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
              The classic Blade Runner license was in the hands of a law firm. My friend tracked them down (not easy) only to be cut off mid sentence with a "no" to licensed products.
              Movie idea pitch: A close-knit group of 40-something year-old Blade Runner nerds decide to abduct the head of the law firm that own the licensing rights to classic Blade Runner in an attempt to "persuade" him to allow action figure renditions of classic Blade Runner characters.

To their surprise, the law firm head is not a 50-something guy... it's an attractive athletic 20-something woman... they proceed w/the abduction... but w/an amount of trepidation reserved for the fairer sex.

After a film's-full of antics, the story's climax takes place at a comicbook convention where the lawyer, moved by some (TBA) nerd-instance, finally relents in releasing the license, but not before, at the film's climax, she pulls a "Pris", leaping up and locking her legs around the lead nerd, almost causing the hapless guy to pass out.

If, in the real world, we don't get the classic Blade Runner figures... we should at least be gifted with that movie....

...a fan-made (independently released) film, if need be, just for potential "intellectual property" issues!
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Lotta money being left on the Blade Runner table. Lotta money. There is a Hot Toys sized hunger for toys of Deckard and Company.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I don't disagree that there isn't a Sideshow or Hot Toys market for classic B R, I have friends who are really passionate about it.

For the life of me though, I just don't get it, I even bought the Marvel comic as a kid and seen about 3 different cuts but I can't get into it.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

Love the Director's Cut, but the multi-hour making of documentary that comes with it made me really appreciate the amazing design team and work they did to pull that movie off. So many nuanced and clever components to the built environment and camerawork. A labor of love and madness collaboration not often seen in contemporary film making. Solid pycho-sci-fi!

NECA is certainly a good fit on the license.
                    Last edited by Confessional; Jan 11, '17, 4:05 PM. Reason: … babble!

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

I don't disagree that there isn't a Sideshow or Hot Toys market for classic B R, I have friends who are really passionate about it.

For the life of me though, I just don't get it, I even bought the Marvel comic as a kid and seen about 3 different cuts but I can't get into it.
                      I think in some ways, I like the comic better than the film. That Al Williamson artwork. I got the Marvel Super Special with the Jim Steranko painted cover. Droooll!

Yeah, BR can be an acquired taste. I loved it as a kid. Then I got bored with it on VHS. Then the Blu-Ray made me appreciate it again. It's not a strong narrative. For a film titled Blade Runner, it's incredibly light on real action. But the style... it's all about the style. And yet, it still is very quotable.

Comment

• melstapler
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Aug 2, 2014

Having 7-inch figures of Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford with photo-realistic face sculpts will have an appeal which reaches far beyond the film itself. Even non-fans of BR will be interested in purchasing these figures, because of the detail and realism NECA provides. Hopefully NECA will use the injected flesh tone plastic on these figures, as they've done with other character figures such as Arnold Schwarzenegger (Matrix from Commando and Dutch from Predator), Ash from Ash Vs. Evil Dead and most of the Rocky figures.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Totally agree!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I love Blade Runner (my late dad's favorite sci-fi movie)..but even I, don't see a viable toy line...I mean, it's not like Aliens and Predators running around...it would just be human-looking Replicants wearing regular clothes, lol.

So I can't picture an action-figure toy line...but I could see a model with a diorama...as one of Blade Runner's strength was set design.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by melstapler
                              Having 7-inch figures of Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford with photo-realistic face sculpts will have an appeal which reaches far beyond the film itself. Even non-fans of BR will be interested in purchasing these figures, because of the detail and realism NECA provides. Hopefully NECA will use the injected flesh tone plastic on these figures, as they've done with other character figures such as Arnold Schwarzenegger (Matrix from Commando and Dutch from Predator), Ash from Ash Vs. Evil Dead and most of the Rocky figures.
                              If the head sculpts are dead on realistic, then yes, I could see a cool toy line...but they'll have to be close to accurate, otherwise, it could bomb.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎