X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Fantastic Four merchandise returns

the comic book series is still on hiatus, but I assume a new title will be announced this year. The Thing showed up in the Doctor Doom starring Infamous Iron Man title last week.

As covered extensively by our very own Rich Johnston (links at the end), for a long while Fantastic Four merchandise was forbidden by Ike Perlmutter from

and this is a pretty sweet Sue Storm and Herbie set.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Very, very nice. It's ridiculous that egos are keeping FF merchandise at bay, and not having an FF title is like DC not publishing Superman. Glad to see things loosening up.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Brazoo
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 14, 2009

Ugh - I thought I was done purchasing FF toys, but Sue in the classic uniform and that H.E.R.B.I.E...

Comment

• Brazoo
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 14, 2009

On a related note - I haven't collected Marvel toys for a few years, but I recently wanted to get some stuff for my niece for Christmas and was totally confused by the Marvel Legends toy line. There seems to be different branches of the line with different styles of packaging, scales of figures, and the prices are all over the place. When I look on Amazon I can't understand how the new Marvel lines work or which figures go together.

The Wasp figure I got her came with a piece of Ultron, but I have no idea what toys have the other pieces.

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

This past year, I've been getting rid of the handful of Marvel Legends I've owned, but I think I'm going to hold onto my Fantastic Four boxset from a few years back. It's too awesome.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Brazoo
            On a related note - I haven't collected Marvel toys for a few years, but I recently wanted to get some stuff for my niece for Christmas and was totally confused by the Marvel Legends toy line. There seems to be different branches of the line with different styles of packaging, scales of figures, and the prices are all over the place. When I look on Amazon I can't understand how the new Marvel lines work or which figures go together.

The Wasp figure I got her came with a piece of Ultron, but I have no idea what toys have the other pieces.
            The Marvel Legends line is a bit of an anomaly in the world of contemporary action figures in that it has been ongoing for 15 years now and has given us the deepest selections of characters and figures ever offered from the Marvel U library of characters. The line is generally typified (but not necessarily defined) by packed in "Build-a-Figures" parts, and is mostly 6-7" figures, although the branding has recently been extended to cover their 3 3/4" (formerly the highly articulated Marvel Universe line) and 12" sculpted figures (which Toy Biz also dabbled in).

The line also is unique in that it began at the defunct Marvel sister/parent company Toy Biz, before moving to Hasbro. Imagine if Kenner had continued to produce Mego style WGSH 8" figures instead of the Super Powers line.

You need these figures pictured to complete Ultron. the back of the packaging on the Wasp SHOULD indicate which other figures from that series include pieces of Ultron.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Toy Biz previously did this version of Wasp a decade or so back. the next version looks terrific.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

The Marvel Legends figures don't get enough love. I don't buy them much, but my son gets quite a few, and they are really well sculpted and sturdily made.

There are often several themed series on the pegs at the same time. Right now our Wal-Mart has Avengers, X-Men and Spider-Man figures.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by samurainoir
                  This past year, I've been getting rid of the handful of Marvel Legends I've owned, but I think I'm going to hold onto my Fantastic Four boxset from a few years back. It's too awesome.

Cool looking set. The only knock I would give it is with that Franklin figure with the way his eyes are. Looks like he's on a sugar rush and I don't think anything good would come from him having one.

Comment

• Brazoo
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 14, 2009

Thanks Sam! BIG HELP! There were so many different Ant-Man figures it was hard to figure out which one went with The Wasp I got her. Though, I do think the collector market has jacked up the price of the Ant-Man figure a bit too much for me from what I can see online.

To be fair, The Wasp figure is really fantastic. Beautiful sculpt and paint, nice design.

Comment

• Brazoo
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 14, 2009

It's nice they kept the scale of the figures the same after Toy Biz. If I was collecting these I would have really appreciated that.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

Certainly hoping we get a new Marvel Legends 6 inch scale Thing at some point, too.
                        I generally collected all the Thing figures in the Marvel Universe, Marvel Legends and Marvel Select scales.
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

The new Sue figure looks terrific. this is a wave I might dig into.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

So far, out of all of them, I dig this Byrne style Thing the best. Would love to see what they are going to come up with for a new version of the Thing.

other versions (including 1st appearance Kirby version):

Comment

• Brazoo
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 14, 2009

That's by far my favorite Thing so far. I have 2 versions, the one you posted and the one with the trench coat and sunglasses.

So is this technically suppose to be from the same line? I guess that makes sense - I just never knew.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎