X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Mike Grell returns to Green Arrow.

Unfortunately, it will be as variant cover artist. Here's hoping fans will be able to get ahold of his covers without much difficulty or extra cost. It would be great if they allowed him to write the character again.

In 1987, Mike Grell wrote and drew the three-issue prestige format limited series Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters. He redesigned the character's costume,

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

I just hope the art inside the book and the story is worth trying to find the variant cover. Really getting tired of the variant covers. I think I have one variant cover that I had to have and it ticked me off that the art inside looked like a 4 year old drew it...The Hellcat George Perez Variant cover.

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

The shop I've been going to Wednesdays is great with this. He always gets at least the DC variant covers and never charges extra for them if you want them. I've picked up al the Green Arrow Neal Adams covers. I have to say love hom or hate him it was an absolute joy to pick the latest issue of "Harley Little Black Book" (Harley Quinn team up book) which was drawn entirely by Neal Adams. Made a lot today's art look weak by comparison.

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

The DC variants are 50/50. You should be able to find them at most comic shops for cover price. Or order from an online like Midtown Comics.

Neal Adams has been doing them for Green Arrow. I picked up a couple of those, they weren't all that great (imho). But the Harley book was great, I agree on that!

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

I dig this one by Adams.

Comment

• jacoblb
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2009

I loved Grell's G.A. book, it's one of the best. In my humble opinion, I rank it up there with O'Neil/Adams, Meltzer, Winnick, and Diggle as the better G.A. content ever produced. The thumbnail image of Neal Adams picture above is outstanding. I haven't enjoyed some of the more recent G.A. work, but I may not be up to date. I think Jeff Lemire and a CW tie-in book were the latest books I read from the library.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Hope they let Grell do his version from the 80's/90's with the hood and beard rather than the modern TV show inspired look.

Really would love to seem him do stand alone stories set in that post crisis Longbow Hunters continuity.

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

Most of DC variant covers are 1 to 1 now. Midtown Comics carries them at cover price unless they are incentive based

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎