Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EMCE/DST Universal Monsters

I did a custom Mummy once but it wasn't a rewrapped EMCE.

Last edited by bleit1701; Jan 8, '17 at 1:07 AM. Reason: spelling
    Better late than never.....

Images

Great custom Mummy, Brian. Glow monster hands, really work for me on this character. Are those just wrapped or attached bandages?

I was lucky enough to find Creech, the Metaluna Mutant, and Phantom of the Opera on shelves. I swapped Phantom onto a Type S body, which enabled this excellent pose:
    Attached Images Attached Images

They are strips of material wrapped around the body with some glue to hold them in place. Then dry brushed with some paint to help him look aged. It took forever to do but it came out pretty good.
    Better late than never.....

Brian, it was probably your Mummy then because I remember the person sharing the story had made it sound like it was a painstaking process and not some quick tailoring alteration. I blame my poor memory or my then mild, vested interest owning any EMCE Monsters at the time to properly to distinguish that yours wasn't an altered EMCE. Still, yours, of course, looks outstanding.

My absolute favorite of the entire line was Lon Chaney's Phantom.

If they were to do any more, the would have to include the Invisible Man, Lon Chaney's Hunchback, and then maybe one of the Mole People, the fourth would be a toss up as Jekyll & Hyde and the Fly were not Universal films. If they could go outside Universal, Jekyll & Hyde, the Fly, Nosferatu, and Lon Chaney's vampire from London After Midnight would be in the mix.

Blog Entries
    Werewolf of London could be the fourth, or the Creature Walks Among Us.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Images
    Universal has a bestial version of Hyde available on other lines, from Abbott & Costello Meet...
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; high-grade, complete POTA Forbidden Zone playset; OMBC Grok MOC; T1 molded Robin belt; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; LJ Silver and Black Knight swords; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA knife.

Images
    Still, my absolute favorite 8" line.
    The Phantom is just perfection.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."