Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

Brian, it was probably your Mummy then because I remember the person sharing the story had made it sound like it was a painstaking process and not some quick tailoring alteration. I blame my poor memory or my then mild, vested interest owning any EMCE Monsters at the time to properly to distinguish that yours wasn't an altered EMCE. Still, yours, of course, looks outstanding.

Comment

• pmjlghrs
      • Oct 28, 2010

My absolute favorite of the entire line was Lon Chaney's Phantom.

If they were to do any more, the would have to include the Invisible Man, Lon Chaney's Hunchback, and then maybe one of the Mole People, the fourth would be a toss up as Jekyll & Hyde and the Fly were not Universal films. If they could go outside Universal, Jekyll & Hyde, the Fly, Nosferatu, and Lon Chaney's vampire from London After Midnight would be in the mix.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Werewolf of London could be the fourth, or the Creature Walks Among Us.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Universal has a bestial version of Hyde available on other lines, from Abbott & Costello Meet...
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

Still, my absolute favorite 8" line.
            The Phantom is just perfection.
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• jacoblb
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2009

Thanks to fellow MM member Gary, I am a proud owner of the Creature From The Black Lagoon.
              I'm still on the hunt for a Frankenstein & Werewolf, I'm well aware of some options at 3x (and then some) the original retail cost, but I'm optimistic a better deal will come around eventually.
              Also, thanks to those participating within the thread for their commentary and pictures.

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

I bought Frank and Wolfie on eBay today. Just concluding a note here in the event anyone would reach out about selling them. At this time I only need the Mutant and Phantom of the Opera to complete the excellent EMCE series.

Comment

• jacoblb
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2009

Question for collectors: Did anyone make or buy a hat/mask to coincide with their retro cloth Phantom?
                  My only Remco figure I owned as a child was the Phantom and he had a mask.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Hmm. Try a hat and mask from FTC. I may just do that myself.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎