X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Sideshow 1/6 Ghost Rider figure announced

Sideshow announced a 1/6 Ghost Rider action figure today. This is only the 4th 1/6 Marvel figure SS has made since announcing the license at 2014 SDCC. Last one Wolverine was $250. Same with SS 1/6 DC figures which were 1st shown at 2012 SDCC and SS has only made 7. What a waste and too expensive.

I'm glad Mezco is making One:12 DC and Marvel and other licenses hopefully new licenses *cough*Star Wars*cough* to be announced at 2017 Toy Fair along with more DC and Marvel!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Perhaps they don't want to oversaturate the market, and just maybe it takes a bit of work to get these made and to looks as good a they do. They could just crank out tons of figures with oversized heads and cruddy bodies and just hope the masses accept them as is.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

What's a good release schedule for something that costs $250? Quarterly? Semi-annually? Honestly, IDK. The appreciation of price points and releases seems very subjective--which makes sense considering individual budgets.

I was in for more 8" Uni Monsters, Ventures, and TZ. With TZ, hope springs eternal.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

Today Sideshow announced a Deathstroke Premium Format statue. SS has made more DC and Marvel PF statues than 1/6 figures and PF statues are twice the price. SS seems more interested in PFS, so I wish FTC could get license for 1/6 DC and maybe Marvel figures which FTC could sell for a 1/3 price SS does.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Yeah and with FTC's quality control we'd have some great figures. LOL.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Perhaps they don't want to oversaturate the market, and just maybe it takes a bit of work to get these made and to looks as good a they do. They could just crank out tons of figures with oversized heads and cruddy bodies and just hope the masses accept them as is.
            Do you own any of the Sideshow DC figures? I did; after buying the first 5 releases, I got so frustrated at the shoddy quality, given the premium price, that I sold what I had. The bodies were horrible: Joker had gummy knees, the female bodies (Harley and Catwoman) were poor, and Superman? Oversized noggin and puny 98-lb weakling body.
            FTC figures have their negatives, sure, but they cost $25-30 each, not $190-250. I can overlook deficiencies in that lower price range, but not in a premium-priced figure.
            Sideshow figures vs FTC ? Apples to oranges, anyway. Different products aimed at different markets.

Comment

• ovenmitt
              Persistent Member
              • May 26, 2009

Remember the 1st Sideshow 1/6 Universal Monsters and James Bond were only $40 each and Star Wars were $50 each at start. I collected almost all DC Direct 13" figures and thought SS 1/6 DC would be a continuation. When SS Joker was priced at $190 I changed my mind. SS 1/6 Marvel would have been a dream come true, also but not as high as $250. I'll stick with FTC and Mezco and Disney Store 11" Star Wars and Marvel.

Comment

• PeterRR
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jun 2, 2008

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                Today Sideshow announced a Deathstroke Premium Format statue. SS has made more DC and Marvel PF statues than 1/6 figures and PF statues are twice the price. SS seems more interested in PFS, so I wish FTC could get license for 1/6 DC and maybe Marvel figures which FTC could sell for a 1/3 price SS does.
                But most of FTC figures are horribly made. Over size heads, baggy uniforms no accessories very limited articulation . I can't seem to throw any $80 for a horrible figure. Mezco is making beautiful detailed figures. I wish they were 8". The best figures Sideshow made was the Deadpool and punisher. Both Batmans was ok

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 12, 2016

My complaint with sideshow's 1/6 figures is that you loose ALOT of detail between protype and production...some with hot toys too, but more with SS...my big complaint was their snake plissken figure and more recent punisher...a lot of detail was lost, sculpts were much softer...which is annoying since SS is the only one to do a licensed Plissken....so I won't hold my breath on this new ghost rider figure just yet...
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• PeterRR
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Jun 2, 2008

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                    But most of FTC figures are horribly made. Over size heads, baggy uniforms no accessories very limited articulation . I can't seem to throw any $80 for a horrible figure. Mezco is making beautiful detailed figures. I wish they were 8". The best figures Sideshow made was the Deadpool and punisher. Both Batmans was ok

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎