• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I'm going to miss Matty Collector.

Matty Collector shut down today.

I will not miss dealing with digital river, their glacial shipping and non-existent costumer service. I will also not miss some of the questionably fast sell outs. But I will miss Masters of the Universe Classics.

MOTUC was an awesome line and lasted 8 years. That was a pretty amazing run for a property that was dead at retail.

There were a few obvious head scratching figure choices, like Mo-Larr, but other than that, the character selection was vast and went deep into MOTU history. Nothing really like it would have been possible at the retail level. There's no way Castle Grayskull or Point Dread would have made it to Walmart or Target these days. I also finally got figures of He-Man and Skeletor that actually looked like they did in the cartoon. Yay!!

I am hopeful of Super7 carrying the MOTU torch. But I do have concerns the production runs will probably be much, much smaller than what Mattel was doing. There's also the price increase. $35 plus shipping is really going to be a challenge for fans not in the States. Lastly, I can't imagine Snake Mountain getting released now. It would be just too expensive. I would hate to see a toy line like MOTU hit Sideshow prices.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎