Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Does numbering matter on EMCE sets? Anyone care? Recommendations for extra bodies?

Images

Does numbering matter on EMCE sets? Anyone care? Recommendations for extra bodies?

I received Daredevil as a gift. It is number #44 out of #1500. I'm planning on taking it out of the package and getting a couple extra bodies so I can make 3 figures. Is there any value to the lower number? (If so, I'd either opt to pick up another set and leave this one in the package, or try for a trade.)

Thanks for any guidance. I picked up a cheap Wolverine set, but otherwise I don't collect this line.

P.S. Any recommendations for a good way to pick up a couple bodies? Do original T1 or T2 bodies work for these figures.
    My Want List:
    Comic book original art
    1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
    Marvel Secret Wars figures (minty loose Falcon, Magneto, Constrictor, Iceman, and Electro)
    DC Super Powers (minty loose of carded)

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Images
    I don't think folks care about the number.

T2 would definitely work... but Daredevil benefits from swivel biceps so he can hold his weapons more naturally. I'd go for a Type S or a Doc Mego swivel bicep.

Images
    I've never seen where the number was relevant in this series since the production number is not exceptionally low. Dr. Mego has swivel arm bodies for $7.00. FTC's bodies made in China are the best in their lot and those also run $7.00. Zica bodies (type S) are priced at $12.00.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

I'd say the numbering is a gimmick and has nothing to do with the production order.

Images
    Thanks for the responses. I'm going to track down a few bodies for Wolvie and DD and crack them open.
    My Want List:
    Comic book original art
    Marvel Secret Wars figures (minty loose Falcon, Magneto, Constrictor, Iceman, and Electro)

Images
    Any issues with replacing the hands with any of these body options? Thanks in advance.
    My Want List:
    Comic book original art

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by argent007 View Post
    Any issues with replacing the hands with any of these body options? Thanks in advance.
    No real issues, but as a rule I heat a cup of water in the microwave for 3 minutes and dip the connection ends in there for 15 seconds so everything slides in smoothly without allot of fuss. When you get bodies and want to remove the hands, you'll want to do the same thing except submerge the hands up to the wrists for 30 seconds. This typically makes them pliable to pull off and put new ones in easily.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

Images
    MIB41 - Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it!
    My Want List:
    Comic book original art

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    I'd say the numbering is a gimmick and has nothing to do with the production order.
    True, I do not know if it was the 44th figure off the line, but there are definitely those who value low numbers more. It varies according to the customer. Sometimes we say something is limited without doing individual numbers.