X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    What they show is usually either the finished product or something close. Things with them usually don't stray too far from the prototypes.
    Agreed. Nothing they show early in prototype stage tends to wander much from the final product, but some things get tweaked. Of course it would be hard to imagine they made prototype boxes and screwed all of them up for a promo shot, so I tend to think this is what people will get. I'm really at a loss for how this happens. It's the one production process that has everything to do with exact measurements and not an interpretation of scale. I would think that is done through a software program too so no one is tampering with the final layout. But this happened with the Diamond Select editions for Cap too. Does the factory not follow this guide or did the people in charge turn in the wrong dimensions? Hell, I use to make graphic free boxes just to house loose figures of mine. It wasn't hard to measure everything so when I drew out the design, the figures fit in properly and you could see them without any obstruction after the boxes were constructed. It's perplexing to me.

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

I had chalked up the bent knees to their not using twisty ties to hold them in place. I figured they were loose in the boxes.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

i suspected these boxed figures were going to be done ,and also the counter display box ,YES ! ,i am in for these ,looks as if the display box
        will only hold 12 figures ,and with 14 charactors -hmmm .Well if they sell that box seperately ill get a second for those two and future releases,and
        add the marvels as well.They need to do Tarzan ,Conan ,then sell the window boxs seperately as well ,if its succesful ,they should do the mad monsters as well.
        after getting the DC classics again ,i would be willing to buy them yet again perhaps next year on blister sealed mego-art correct cards.i love the fact from what
        i can see (not sure)that the orignal art on these window boxs is present.very nice FTC

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

I used to have a few original Megos in boxes( like Batgirl) but their heads started to turn grey so I had to open them up and get new heads on ebay. I am not sure why
          original Megos heads turn grey but it only happened to few of mine( and they were all packaged not loose) so keeping these in boxes is not an option for me

Comment

• Spyweb007
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 18, 2006

The Diamond Captain America Box wasn't too small, it's just that the window doesn't line up. I suspect with Captain America the box measurements were right but the licensing may require the logo to be a certain size, which would force the top of the window to be lower with Cap's logo. Not sure if something similar is happening with the FTC boxes or if they are actually smaller than old Mego boxes were?

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

The original box idea is cool..... but those in the promo shot are like some kind of stupid joke.
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

Added the following:

- Limited Edition Multi Packs, through Excelsior Toys

The surprising thing is that there is no offering for just the 4 diversity characters or just the big 4. Instead for the most part, they divided them by waves. That's a bummer of a missed opportunity. Also, no offering with Batman and Robin together with other characters.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

Also, at this point if they wanted to do a 4 pack, we have enough to do Batman or Robin Timeline packs!

FA Batman, Original Batman, Super Friends Batman and Neal Adams Batman!
                  FA Robin, Super Friends Robin, TT Robin head on 8" body, and Nightwing!

If they did a 5 pack, I'd throw in the 66 versions!

I think that would be COOL!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• darkbros
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                    Also, at this point if they wanted to do a 4 pack, we have enough to do Batman or Robin Timeline packs!

FA Batman, Original Batman, Super Friends Batman and Neal Adams Batman!
                    FA Robin, Super Friends Robin, TT Robin head on 8" body, and Nightwing!

If they did a 5 pack, I'd throw in the 66 versions!

I think that would be COOL!

JeffBearCO

I was thinking they could have also used this opportunity to give us a four pack of the big four: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
                    Or pair Heroes and Villains: Superman & Bizarro, Wonder Woman and Cheetah as one pack, Along with the standard Batman/Riddler/Flash/Capt. Cold pack.
                    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

On a side note, now that they have a skinny body I want a skinny body Joker using a darker version of the 66 Batman Joker costume and the original Joker head sculpt! Maybe even a purple trench coat!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• rodkeith
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 16, 2008

Originally posted by darkbros
                        I was thinking they could have also used this opportunity to give us a four pack of the big four: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
                        Or pair Heroes and Villains: Superman & Bizarro, Wonder Woman and Cheetah as one pack, Along with the standard Batman/Riddler/Flash/Capt. Cold pack.

I'm not seeing anything on these cards that indicates specificity-- couldn't everybody just switch in whatever figures they like, to make their own preferred 4-packs?

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
                          Museum Patron
                          • Apr 3, 2015

Wanted to say thanks again to jeffbearco for maintaining this thread. I refer to it quite often, like after today's announcements that mentioned waves, but not specific figures in said waves. jeffbearco had the details!

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

Glad I'm not the only one who likes to refer back to what has been mentioned before by FTC. Sometimes it gets confusing with what other people have wished for for FTC hasn't said anything about.

Moved things around a bit to reflect this morning's March announcement. Cleaned up the list a bit.

As for Evil Super Friends, I believe we saw previews for all 5. That's why I did not list them out previously.

Still hoping Wonder Woman makes her way to shipping soon.

JeffBearCO
                            Last edited by jeffbearco; Feb 17, '17, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• rodkeith
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 16, 2008

I'm betting they save the Wonder Woman wave for simultaneous release with the movie in June.

I do appreciate, that even though it's taken some time, FTC has released almost everything they've announced so far, and unexpected stuff besides. Of course, then they go and add new characters on the cardbacks, and the speculation on future figures begins anew.

And yes, thanks again for this list, Jeff! Invaluable.

Comment

• Random Axe
                                The Voice of Reason
                                • Apr 16, 2008

I've been away for a good long while and maybe missed the announcement but what characters will be in the Flash wave? I can only think of Barry and Reverse unless they have some other villains like Mirror Master or Weather Wizard. I'd totally geek out if they went out there and made jay Garrick.
                                I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎