X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    In your opinion. But you'll pay extra to upgrade them to your preference.
    JQ figures are as plain as they come....look at them! Head-sculpt,Jeans and a t-shirt for $29.99

and no Bandit!

I just don't see the value for them and yup,it would cost me more to upgrade the bodies.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Teemu
      JQ figures are as plain as they come....look at them! Head-sculpt,Jeans and a t-shirt for $29.99

and no Bandit!

I just don't see the value for them and yup,it would cost me more to upgrade the bodies.
      Sooo.... you're also disappointed they're on-model? Sigh...
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

I honestly don't understand the complaints about price. Does anyone know how much these cost to produce, factoring in the licensing fees, prototype development with sculpting, freight and import fees, etc? And also taking into consideration the numbers these sell in given the nature of the niche market they appeal to? I personally feel $30 is fair, and am thankful someone is willing to produce them at all. Do we think the FTC guys are all driving around in foreign sports cars, lighting their Cuban cigars with $100 bills?
        I'm sure the price increase is at least somewhat the result of their offering free shipping on orders over $100. Also, if I'm interpreting the newsletter correctly, these are only going to be available directly from FTC, which means Entertainment Earth, Big Bad Toystore, etc, won't have them, so no more wholesaling to secondary vendors?

All of these figures are set to be in stock this coming week of January 9th and only available from Figures Toy Company directly.

If
        that's true, then they'll doubtless be selling in even lower numbers. Everyone has to decide what price point they're personally comfortable with, but for me, $30 apiece for new Teen Titans figures or Super Friends figures we've waited 40 years for is a bargain.
        Last edited by warlock664; Jan 6, '17, 8:46 PM.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

The animated H-B figures look the best to me. Daphne might be one of the best female head sculpts FTC has every made. As much as I like Scooby Doo though, I'll be skipping them. For now. I'm not a Jonny Quest fan, so I won't be getting those. They look good though!

I have mixed feelings on the DC figures. Wendy and Marvin look good; of course, they are animated and match the other animated figures shown in quality. I will splurge on those.

CMJr looks nice, but with the gold changes on his costume and on Mary Marvel's, we need a gold Captain Marvel to go with them. And Mary Marvel... the head choice ruins it for me again. I do like the all the way to the neck costume on her, though the cape band is thick looking on the female body.

The Teen Titans is a mixed bag. They tried to stay true to the original design, but those short pants on Hawk & Dove look weird. Having the sleeve cuffs and pant ends as the "start" of the gloves and boots look weird. It will look even weirder when the sleeves and pants leg rises and separates from the cuffs.

Beast Boy looks decent. Should be an easy jump to a NTT Changeling. Wonder if the masks are removable?

Nice to get a new, 7-Inch Robin. The 1st appearance one didn't quite work for the TT. The costume looks baggy in the package, looks really good in the loose shot. And since he has long tights and is supposed to have short sleeves, there are no issues there. I hate the new $29.99, but I have to have Robin!

So, I will be purchasing Robin, Wendy & Marvin... and hold off on the rest. I may consider them if they are loose and bagged, probably at an increased price in the $20's, but I can live with that. $29.99 has really pushed my buying limits on these.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

The pics of the Johnny Quest figures are AMAZING! I have skipped the last few waves of figures (Super Friends Series 3 and 4 and Superman Series 3) but there is NO WAY I'm skipping these!

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

I ordered a set of the Teen Titans today with the free shipping because I would have flipped out if mego had done these in the 70's. There are some flaws with the tights
              but the same thing happened with the mego Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Speedy's tights. Sure it would be nice to have a perfect set but I still like these enough to buy them.
              Marvel Legends and DC Multiverse 6" action figures are 20 dollars each at retail so thirty dollars for a cloth retro 7" or 8" isn't too bad for me. I keep all my FTC figures on
              the original bodies and save a lot of money by NOT switching them to type S or Emce bodies .
              Last edited by wise guy; Jan 6, '17, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• binkystarr
                Museum Super Collector
                • Apr 16, 2015

I think the reason why it's taken so long on Dynasty is because those are so complex, the most complex costumes to make with spandex,rhinestones,multiple colors,layers,patterns and crazy designs??? Dynasty magic!!!.jpg

Comment

• aceclone
                  • Sep 3, 2013

Originally posted by binkystarr
                  I think the reason why it's taken so long on Dynasty is because those are so complex, the most complex costumes to make with spandex,rhinestones,multiple colors,layers,patterns and crazy designs??? [ATTACH=CONFIG]20150[/ATTACH]
                  The prototypes don't look too complex. Both the Destroyer and Dynasty prototypes were letdowns (to me). Especially, the re-use of the Ace, Peter and Paul headsculpts with new (inferior) paint apps and what looks like the worse hair than on any of the previous lines. Maybe they gauged the lukewarm response they got to the previews and they're holding off to either rethink or retool the lines? Don't know, just a thought...

Comment

• jacoblb
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2009

I hadn't paid attention to realize some of these are $30 company exclusives sold internally. That said, I still want them all, but will focus on catching up on other lines that are cheaper elsewhere first. In my neck of the woods, minimum wage went up so things locally are costing more and more. Kind of sucks. I get 50 cent raises annually and it seems like prices go up a buck or two every year. Impossible for my salary to meet cost of living levels. I really dig the stuff FTC keeps putting out. And I think customizers will be happy with stuff so they can make adjustments as they see fit. Do I love every sculpt or tailoring decision FTC makes across the board? I don't , but no one can be expected to considering all the product. Same with my favorite authors who wrtites tons and tons of books, after a while it's unlikely I can be expected to like everything, say, writer Warren Ellis writes. At least he's aware. I try to remain cordial and positive within our small community. I try to always be constructive with my minor criticisms. It's really cool, they're tweaking figures like Nighwing's mask and collar and some of the Shazam family. I wonder if the Neal Adam's line will be revisited. How fortunate we are that are feedback is considered. I know I'll be spending much less to make alterations compared to larger scale figures so even if I need to buy parts again to make things as I see fit, I'm thankful.

Comment

• jacoblb
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2009

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                      The pics of the Johnny Quest figures are AMAZING! I have skipped the last few waves of figures (Super Friends Series 3 and 4 and Superman Series 3) but there is NO WAY I'm skipping these!
                      Its your prerogative, but I found wave 3 & 4 of Superfriends to be quite strong. To me, FTC redeemed themselves with that Batman after that odd Neal Adams Batman. I even wondered if anyone here swapped their Superfriends Batman costume onto the Neal Adams one and repainted the N.A.'s head a darker blue.
                      I haven't gotten wave 3 of Superman, but intend to.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

I went to FTC's site to take a peek at Daphne and she looks good. The only detriment is the lack of well fitted tights. That and the same crummy body. I might buy her anyway, and transplant her head to an original Mego body I have.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

I missed that these are FTC Store only releases too. The $30 price tag makes a lot more sense.

And did I miss the tweaking of Nightwing's mask and collar? Is there a post on that?

Comment

• jacoblb
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2009

I'm on my phone surfing so it's not easy to share links, but I saw the Nightwing edits on the Newsletter Discussion thread if not on a separate FTC one.

Comment

• jacoblb
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2009

Just verified. The Nightwing revised picture was in the Mary titled FTC thread.

Comment

• warlock664
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by jacoblb
                                Just verified. The Nightwing revised picture was in the Mary titled FTC thread.
                                Am I missing something? Isn't that just a customization? Not a update by FTC ?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎