X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

Stuntman: Obscure Spider-Man villain from 1981 animated television series

I wanted to share this as a "work in progress" project because this is the first time I have taken on a project in this way.

The Stuntman is an obscure villain (no way Austin! You? Making a custom of an obscure villain? Say it isn't so! ) of Spidey from the 1981 animated series. The episode was entitled Triangle of Doom and you can read a synopsis here.

Below, you will a collage of images of Stuntman from the episode; my re-sculpting work; and the original FTC Cyborg head I am using as a base.

I chose the FTC Cyborg head because they are so similar in design. I made a mold of it and then enlarged it with Hydrospan 100 to its maximum size (roughly 1:6 scale) after one application. I then made a mold of that head; poured a cast of it; and started "sculpting" the new features of the Stuntman. So the WIP pictures you are looking at are of a 1:6 scale head. Or, to better visualize, it is the same size as a Mego 12" Buck Rogers head.

What you are seeing is the first round of removal of and application of feature changes. My next step is to sand and smooth the new features to as closely resemble Stuntman as possible. I believe I am going to use a decal for his left eye but not 100% certain of that yet. Once he is "polished" and I am happy with the results I will make a mold of the new sculpt and then use Hydrospan 400 to shrink him down to 1:9 scale.

Please post your thoughts, comments, and constructive criticism. Oh, and, by the way, if anybody needs a head for a 1:6 scale Cyborg custom, you know who to call.

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 18, 2015

Looking good, Austin.
    The hands that grip.

Comment

• hawkmike
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2003

cool can't wait to see this one
      wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

The enlarging to sculpt and then shrinking to the final size is really interesting. Can't wait to see the final results.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by pmwasson
          The enlarging to sculpt and then shrinking to the final size is really interesting. Can't wait to see the final results.
          Indeed! I'm fascinated by that as well, I never thought to try sculpting on a larger scale first. Makes a lot of sense, though!
          Please continue to post more WIP pics as you go along, hopefully he will be on display at the Meet! :D

-Diana

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎