Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALL NEW Aurora Mummy WIP in 60's MONSTER colors!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

ALL NEW Aurora Mummy WIP in 60's MONSTER colors!

I'm starting off New Year's with a new set of Aurora Monsters done in classic crazy 1960's monster colors! Plenty of blood and gore too!

Mummy number two.jpg
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

That is simply INSANE!

If you don't have any "how-to" videos you need to make some. I, for one, would definitely subscribe to your youtube channel.

Happy New Year!
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

^Thanks Austin! There's really nothing to it at all...anyone can do it. After priming, I simply base coated the head with dark green. After that it's all just drybrushing from dark to light...Starting with medium blue, then gradually adding green, lime, and then finally bright yellow.

The eye is the same blue and yellow, with a dash of gloss bright red blood. I'll have to look into the video thing...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Nice! My son and I split the difference and went all monstrous green with Kharis' face, but left his body all dusty and brownish.

Can't wait to see it!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Love this. There's just so many ways to make the Auroras look stupendous. Whacky garish coloring is a tremendous idea. The blood is icing on the cake. Just like a little kid would do.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Wonderful! it's like you'll have a whole Aurora series in a Basil Golgos style.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

That is awesome. I've always felt those vintage sculpts look best when painted in the style and colors of the era.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Very very cool looking, can't wait to see it completed.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎