Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting NECA 7inch figures into the style of Mezco 1:12 collective?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melstapler
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 2, 2014

Converting NECA 7inch figures into the style of Mezco 1:12 collective?

I'm curious, have any of you attempted to convert some of their NECA 7 inch figures into a style similar to that of the Mezco 1:12 collective line? I accidentally began doing this a few years ago with the Rocky figures and later with the Dutch (Arnold Schwarzenegger) figures from the Predator series. I continued with the Rambo figures and have also done some experimenting with the marines and human figures from the Aliens line. The idea of having a highly detailed face and body sculpt combined with fabric clothing provides what I consider to be the ultimate level of realism a figure can achieve within or close to that scale. It was Mego that started all of this for most of us and I still think they were ahead of their time when you look at the detailed outfits. Since NECA have released figures of some characters which aren't available from the Mezco 1:12 collective line, I think it's nice when you can make them blend with one another.
  • Spyweb007
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 18, 2006

Sounds like a great idea. Would the Lion Rock military figures be the right size to use for parts? They had some great looking uniforms and military gear!

Comment

• melstapler
      Museum Super Collector
      • Aug 2, 2014

Yes, some of the Lion Rock weapons and body parts are compatible, although I've found the clothing runs a little too small for most of NECA's 7in human male figures. All of my outfits are either custom-sewn or modified using garments from classictvtoys. What are some character projects you're considering?

Comment

• Spyweb007
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 18, 2006

That's a great project idea, the 1/12 scale is so popular right now. I have had to put most projects on hold lately, but I have been working on small corner shaped backdrops for action figures that can be combined into a larger display/playset configuration. So far I've done some Star Wars (Death Star hallways, Desert planet/village), a creepy forest for horror characters, an run down city alleys. Also working on a 3.75" scale Viper from Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

• melstapler
          Museum Super Collector
          • Aug 2, 2014

One thing I really appreciate with NECA's 7 inch figures is how they don't overstate the physical characteristics of each character. Some toy companies have artists who don't always know when to stop, but that goal of achieving maximal realism demonstrates their accuracy and understanding of anatomy and each individual character design.

Comment

• melstapler
            Museum Super Collector
            • Aug 2, 2014

Part of the realism of NECA's 7-inch figures is due in part to the photo-realistic head sculpts and the injected flesh tone plastic used on many of their characters, including Matrix (Arnold Schwarzenegger) from Commando, Dutch from Predator, Ash from Ash Vs. Evil Dead and most of the Rocky series figures. NECA's figures translate much better without the painted flesh.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎