X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Found these today..

Haven't had a chance to take and upload pics today, but found these 3 sci-fi gems at Half Price Books today while digging through stuff at their year end sale, so these are stock pics...I'll edit once I get pics uploaded tomorrow or this weekend.

got a bunch of other comic-related stuff too. These 3 together ran me $8 minus the 20% off sale combined.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Three awesome publications there. I have those and I revisit them often.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Got the pics taken, here was the whole haul from Half Price Books yesterday...(pardon the Scooby gang in the background where I was staging the pics) some of this stuff would probably fit better in comics, but a lot was sci-fi oriented)

not pictured, I also got a Saturday Night Fever Poster book from the same period & publisher that was stuck to the back of the Galactica one

the Conan issue is a replacement reader copy, the original copy I have I got signed by Howard Chaykin when I met him a few years back and is framed and on display, and I am currently rereading my way through Marvel's Conan and it was easier to get a cheap replacement than take down the signed copy to read)

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

That ROTJ cover has a real Sword&Sorcery style Luke on it.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Great stuff, I would have walked out with most of that too. I try to visit the Columbus campus and Westerville locations when I can.

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
            Great stuff, I would have walked out with most of that too. I try to visit the Columbus campus and Westerville locations when I can.
            I usually hit 2 or 3 of the Columbus locations when we make a day trip to Columbus (along with Big Fun, Evil Twin and a bunch of the comic shops as time allows). These were from the Dayton area store near the Fairborn Mall.

-M

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎