Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masters of the Universe Golden Books story book cartoons.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    Wow, really nice! Was that ever aired?
    I think it was only shown at trade shows. The animation clip in the commercial was also what Filmation used to sell the series for syndication. That level of detail was too expensive and time consuming to be used for the series. Except for Skeletor it does sound like the voices are the same.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

That is an awesome bit of footage. I get that budget simplified the Filmation cartoon, but that would have been great for the show.

While we're on this topic, I remember from just before the Dolph Lundgren film a piece in, I think, People Magazine about a man who played He-Man in a live show. As I recall, his wife was in it as well. I remember it saying he was hoping they'd cast him in the then-announced film. I remember that he looked much like the character (and much more than Lundgren did). Does anyone either have scans of the article or info on the arena show he did?

Thanks!
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^I remember hearing about the live show and desperately wanting to go, but that's about it.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I think this is what you guys are talking about.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

Key thing is to always ask Werewolf first! I bet that is it, and I'm sure that was an awesome show for kids back then.
            Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Falstaff13
              Key thing is to always ask Werewolf first!
              Lol, thanks.

A bit more live action MOTU stuff from Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

So many characters in really well done costumes.

That had to have been really fun to do.
              Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 3, '17, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                Persistent Member
                • May 28, 2008

I remember watching this in the 1980s, and I know they had a couple of years with MOTU. There were also ones in the same stretch of years with Marvel Superheroes. I actually don't think in any recent years this sort of float (with a non-musical number for its "performance") has been part of the parade. Thanks for unearthing another good memory.
                Hugh H. Davis

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Now this is pretty cool.

A Masters of the Universe audio book with voices and music from the Filmation cartoon and art by Bruce Timm. The narrator sounds like Robert (Thundarr) Ridgely.

The Power of the Evil Horde.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎