Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

I am really hoping she recovers. I know she was not kind to herself in younger years but I've seen this before with wrestlers and hoping it's a different story this time. Despite her demons, she always seemed to the most appreciative and most down to earth fo the "Big Three". On a personal level, this hurts me more than anything else I can recall this year. A lot of the losses I've been numb to because I'm not a follower of those genres (music, for example). On the other hand, I was introduced to Star Wars at age 6 and while it hasn't always been at the forefront, it's been part of my life every since. Through childhood it was dominat but pleasant presence in my life, so I have a special place in my heart for people associated with it. Hope she makes a full recovery and is with us for years to come. I would be devastated no matter what, but age-wise this would far too soon. In contrast to the wrestler stories, I'd also like to see someone who cleaned themslves up get a happy ending.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
      Also, let's face it, she isn't young anymore, and she was doing an international book signing tour, right?
      We all know how much air travel takes out of you, and it's very tiring. Add her age to that, it's all hard on the system.
      She's only 60, that's not that old. I'll be that in a mere six years, lol. John Glenn lived to be 95...and he flew way more million miles than Carrie Fisher. It's not her age and traveling...it's her past lifestyle. Compound that we probably not exercising and eating bad foods, and again, her heavy past drug use, well...that will catch up to anyone.
      sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

hopefully she'll be alright
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Her mother says she's stable and will update us if there are any changes.

Debbie Reynolds, said on Twitter: "Carrie is in stable condition. If there is a change, we will share it. For all her fans & friends. I thank you for your prayers & good wishes."
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• cockyhoskins
            Career Member
            • Jan 13, 2009

RIP Carrie Fisher! So sad!

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Yeah, very sad...
              sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

This has been such a horrible year.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

moved it
                  Last edited by hedrap; Dec 27, '16, 9:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎