X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

"Justice League Action" action figures set to debut in January

Looks like the toys to support the new Justice League Action animated series will hit store shelves in January. Reports are it will be a 2 inch tall line with individual figures in the first wave coming with pieces of a build a figure for Darkseid, and 3 packs featuring some characters available solo and some only available in the 3 packs.

There are some larger figures and role play toys in the line as well.

Bleeding Cool has an article on it http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/...t-matter-play/

The first wave...

Darkseid build a fig...

some of the 3 packs...

larger figs..

role play toys...

depending on price points, I might be interested in some or all of these.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • libby 1957dog
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 3, 2009

good grief do they come with a free burger and fries
    i mean come on ive seen better looking "happy meal "toys than this stuff ,are kids now just much less demanding or have mattel just stopped trying

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

these look to be aimed at the very young market. maybe they figure kids over 5 won't play with action figures anymore

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Well, at only 2 inches they ought to be able to make the entire DCU.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Well i already love the show, so i may be in for the small figures.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Wonder how they'll look up against Imaginext and the other smalls already floating around?

Comment

• LordMudd
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 22, 2011

Look like they tried to emulate the Timmverse and failed.

CC.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

The figures match the aesthetic of the new show (which I believe debuts this weekend-at leas tI have it set to record this weekend as there is an episode on-not sure it's the first).

Here's the trailer...

https://youtu.be/l_rM3rAJsTY

I have some of the HappyMeal toys based onthe series they did a month or so back, and these look btter. They do remind me of the Imaginext stuff (which I adore).
                -M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I've already seen the first season, it's terrific. Lots and lots of Timmverse and other easter eggs in this, I think folks are going to dig it.

Seriously, Cathy Lee Crosby Wonder Woman has a cameo.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

Action Figure Insider has more on these...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/f...gures-spotted/

The 2 inch figure singles will be sold in blind bags. The 3 packs will have the build a figure pieces for Darkseid.

And there will be a 12 inch figure line as well...

with the first wave being Batman, Flash and the Joker.

-M

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

The cartoon is really good and could have been a modern Super Powers for Mattel. Very disappointed they aren't releasing an actual action figure line for it.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 28, 2013

I've already seen a 2" line of DC blind bag figures at a supermarket (Superstore) in Canada about 4 weeks ago. Is this a different line?

Comment

• LordMudd
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 22, 2011

The cartoon looks good, the 2" figures do not do it justice.

CC.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I couldn't find this on Cartoon Network this weekend. It was supposed to debut on Christmas Eve morning, but I didn't see it anywhere. I caught the end of the special preview the week before.

Mattel really doesn't seem to know how to handle the DC lines any more. These smaller figures are REALLY chintzy looking. A 3.75" or 5" line would have made more sense, I think.

With the awesome work DC Collectibles is doing with their Animated Series figures, I wish they had the license and just went retail with this series.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

It's on at like 7:30 in the morning on Saturdays. We recorded and watched the first episode this weekend which featured Batman, Shazam (the Wizard) , Shazam (Capt. Marvel) and Black Adam. It's about an 18 minute run time with commercials, so maybe 10-12 minutes of contest. It was a lot of fun.

In terms of marketability and sales, blind bag figures in gravity drop boxes are blowing the doors off of sales of 3.75 inch figures in the mass market, which is a lot bigger than the collector's market, so Mattel is making product that will make them as much money as possible, not what only will succeed in the hardcore niche collector's market. They want stuff that will sell in Target, Hot Topic, Walgreens, Wal*Mart etc. not just in the comic shops, and the data out there is that these blind bags are moving truckloads of stock while 3.75 figures sit on the pegs and get moved to clearance eventually and aren't the real money makers in the larger toy market right now. DC caters to the collector market, but they are not selling truckloads of that stuff on the mass market. Mattel will continue to make their decisions based on market trends, not on what makes a very small niche part of the market happy. If 3.75 inch figures sold better than 2 inch figs in blind bags, Mattel would have gone that route. They're about making money and they have the market data to inform their decisions on what products to put out there. And before any one says, well they would have gotten my money and people like me, there's not enough people in that niche to make the line profitable enough to justify the opportunity costs of making that line over another which would make them more money. Their job is to maximize profits for shareholders, not to make a niche market happy.

-M

-M

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎