X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Superheroes and Sci-Fi

One section of any wish book that I love is the "other" action figure pages in the era of Star Wars. There is a lot of great stuff on this page!

While my time with the Mego Superheroes decreased sharply in 1979, I still viewed them like old friends. I still kinda do....

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

It's weird how they have the 12" Superman next to the 8" Batman & Robin and all three look the same height.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Batman and Robin seem to be looking at Supes asking "What the hell are you doing?"

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• SKotK
        Career Member
        • Mar 11, 2014

It's also really funny how they downplay that the Star Trek Utility Belt is actually from Star Trek by referring to it as a 'Space Utility Belt'...assumedly so they could sell it as more of a generic sci-fi product so it could go with any other product on the page. Normally you would want to emphasize the Star Trek brand, but at this point it apparently made more sense to them not to reference it.

--SKot
        Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

This catalog is one of my favourites growing up, even then I didn't get why they did that to Supes.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

So much awesome stuff there.

I had that "Cosmo Ray Gun", except as a Battlestar Galactica item with different stickers.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              Batman and Robin seem to be looking at Supes asking "What the hell are you doing?"

Chris
              Yeah, suddenly he's "flying" around like Freakazoid.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, the way they picture the 12" Supes with the 8 inchers is odd (love Batman and Robin's reaction poses though). Boy, those 12" Galactica figures were fairly expensive compared to the other figures. Must have been because of their high tech electronic features!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^ I had the Cylon, it was great!
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I really like that Irwin "Sonic Fazer"--I'd use it even today for cosplay.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎