Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Screencrush did a breakdown of the first two trailers and how different they are than what we saw. It looks like her original mission was Escape From New York.

If you want to know what was reshot from the latest ‘Star Wars’ movie, this is a good place to start.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Family really enjoyed the movie, tho my son was distraught that it ended as a tragedy.
      I had a bit of a hard time getting into it without the opening fanfare; the subdued score kind of made me feel like I walked in a little late and was waiting to catch up.
      I was hoping to see a Falcon cameo or maybe Rebels Ezra in there somewhere, but missed it if I did.
      Gold leader and Red leader gave me the time travel giddy kid smile moment I was hoping for.

Comment

• JRT!
        Museum Super Collector
        • Sep 6, 2015

I wasn't entirely convinced by the two CG characters though,kinda takes you outta the movie. They were good,but not great. And the little nitpick I had with Vader was the way he looked in some scenes,like when his helmet is too far down on his shoulders and that kinda thing. Just didn't look like the Vader that came through the blasted door on the blockade runner at the beginning of ANH. I know,I know,a little nitpicky for a really good movie,LOL!

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by JRT!
          I wasn't entirely convinced by the two CG characters though,kinda takes you outta the movie. They were good,but not great. And the little nitpick I had with Vader was the way he looked in some scenes,like when his helmet is too far down on his shoulders and that kinda thing. Just didn't look like the Vader that came through the blasted door on the blockade runner at the beginning of ANH. I know,I know,a little nitpicky for a really good movie,LOL!
          I think this Darth Vader resembled Hayden C.'s Anikan Skywalker.

It still worked for me, but David Prowse is difficult to duplicate.

Vader was just a little too slender, with the armour fitting a bit too tightly.

The movie seemed to copy the modern fashion of tall and very thin, with unusually small and tight-fit clothing.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by JRT!
            And the little nitpick I had with Vader was the way he looked in some scenes,like when his helmet is too far down on his shoulders and that kinda thing. Just didn't look like the Vader that came through the blasted door on the blockade runner at the beginning of ANH. I know,I know,a little nitpicky for a really good movie,LOL!
            As a Vader costumer myself, this particular nitpick made me a little batty. Great to see him, but Vader looked really sloppy. I don't get it... there are hundreds of guys in the 501st Legion who pull it off more convincingly. They used a fan-made Artoo for Force Awakens, they could've used a fan-made Vader for Rogue One.

Kathleen Kennedy, I'm available if you need me.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

I think Kloster is right, the Vader design was to reference Anakin moreso than cyborg Prowse. I'm guessing that's because they wanted a design that could move more fluidly than Frankensteinish.

I thought they helmet looked to low, but I'm no expert on Wars details. I certainly didn't think the guy was tall enough. Everyone is usually chest high to Darth and here it seemed closer to chin.

Lot of speculation flowing about how all small set scenes are up for "revised or not" debate. When you look at how few actors are involved, the Vader stuff could have easily been reshoots.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

The neck on Vader's helmet looked a bit odd to me. But I know Vader's costume changed from film to film.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• SKotK
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Hedji
                  If ever there was a Star Wars movie that would benefit from a post credit scene, it is Rogue One. I'd have given anything if they restored the deleted scene from ANH of Luke on the Moisture Farm, watching the battle with his binoculars, and then zooming off in his Landspeeder to tell his friends. Here's the scene... I'd fade to black around the one minute mark.

If they'd cleaned up the footage, and scored it sensitively with Luke's theme, it would've been the perfect coda for a film that showed war weary soldiers with blood on their hands, yet focusing on the theme of 'hope'. Showing Luke in his blissful ignorance and youthful innocence would've been the icing on the cake. Missed opportunity there.
                  That is such an excellent idea. Being particularly obsessed with the deleted scenes, I am especially appreciative of it.

I really enjoyed Rogue One and can't wait to see it again. I had a few minor quibbles, but they were definitely minor. Tarkin was great, voice could have been better, and it wasn't pandering but necessary. Leia was a bit more Uncanny Valley, but I was glad to see her. What I really didn't like though and thought was totally needless fan-pandering was the appearance of Ponda Baba/Walrusman and his cohort Dr. Evazan, bumping into our heroes quite by chance, saying nearly the same exact lines from the cantina, and then practically turning and winking at the camera. Before I could help myself I said "Oh, COME ON!!" loudly. But that's minor - the rest of the film was great.

--SKot
                  Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by rche
                    Family really enjoyed the movie, tho my son was distraught that it ended as a tragedy.
                    I had a bit of a hard time getting into it without the opening fanfare; the subdued score kind of made me feel like I walked in a little late and was waiting to catch up.
                    I was hoping to see a Falcon cameo or maybe Rebels Ezra in there somewhere, but missed it if I did.
                    Gold leader and Red leader gave me the time travel giddy kid smile moment I was hoping for.

Haven't seen it yet but according to some spoilers on YouTube,they say Chopper is in it. They also say at one point,you hear them calling for "General Syndulla". So,Hera is in it,sort of. Plus it's said The Ghost is in one of the fight scenes.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                      Haven't seen it yet but according to some spoilers on YouTube,they say Chopper is in it. They also say at one point,you hear them calling for "General Syndulla". So,Hera is in it,sort of. Plus it's said The Ghost is in one of the fight scenes.
                      I think that may take some scanning time with the video release to find them. Pretty cool if they are indeed in there.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

This video talks a bit about different Darth Vader suits...mostly battle wormed vs shiny and presentable...

Slight changes to Darth Vader's costume further set Rogue One apart from other Star Wars films.
                        sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

I had an enjoyable experience watching it. Likely because of the fan service. I think the Half in the Bag guys are on the same page as why I had my issues with it, and why I like it but don't love it. My brother really loved it as a plot driven war movie. I guess I has hoping for more of a character driven heist movie?

The dour tone. The lack of character and true drive/motivation in this misfit band of dirty dozen characters. Forrest Whittaker choosing to die for no apparent reason other than the paint by numbers mentor dying story beat. Tarkin and Leia looking like they fell into the uncanny valley... seeing the real actors who stood in for them, I think they would have been bettered serviced just letting those actors be the recast versions in subtle prosthetics of make-up. But all nitpicks given that this is a popcorn film that I actually liked. Not anxious to watch it multiple times though, like Force Awakens.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Here's what the lookalike actors looked like. Given the time and expense to turn them into not quite satisfactory CGI Peter Cushing and Young Carrie Fisher, it was kind of pure fan service to not simply recast using the close-enough lookalikes, which is what they they did with Mon Mothma.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• phil
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 11, 2007

I'm curious how the ending of the movie might effect sales of the action figures to kids. Will kids want figures of characters that died? Granted they can play with them and use their imagination any way they want. I don't know any kids but I'm curious to know how they react and play with the toys.

I did consider the idea that the characters could be killed off but only expected one or two of them to die. I figured Disney would want to keep the option open for the characters to appear in books, comic books etc. I do think the ending of the movie was appropriate and have to give credit to the filmakers and Disney for going in that direction.

Comment

• drquest
                                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                                • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by phil
                                I'm curious how the ending of the movie might effect sales of the action figures to kids. Will kids want figures of characters that died? Granted they can play with them and use their imagination any way they want. I don't know any kids but I'm curious to know how they react and play with the toys.

I did consider the idea that the characters could be killed off but only expected one or two of them to die. I figured Disney would want to keep the option open for the characters to appear in books, comic books etc. I do think the ending of the movie was appropriate and have to give credit to the filmakers and Disney for going in that direction.
                                I agree... We all walked out saying, "they all died".... Not a lot of movies like that anymore....

Now what I'm super curious about, is what the original ending looked like. There's enough stuff in the trailers than just flat out wasn't in the movie at all and that makes me very curious...
                                Danny(Drquest)
                                Captain Action HQ
                                Retro shirts and stuff
                                More retro shirts
                                Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡