X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WannabeMego
    Made in the USA
    • May 2, 2003

I think I liked it...I'm not sure.

The things I didn't like are kinda nit-picky.

No Opening Scroll (but understandable since this Movie is the Opening Scroll to Star Wars:A New Hope)...The Beginning was abrupt...

The Soundtrack...It did not start with the 'Typical' Star Wars Opener Theme (since there was no opening scroll), but in general, it was lacking in many scenes (IMHO).

CGI Tarkin and Leia...REALLY bothered me, it felt...Off.

Could have done without R2 and C3PO...They felt 'Forced'.

Really enjoyed the 'New' Characters except for Forest Whitaker...he added nothing unique to the Movie or the Character that any unknown actor could have introduced, so it felt like he was inserted there to force us to focus on those scenes cause the scenes alone could not carry themselves.

Would rank this in My Top 4 Star Wars Films only because I hate ROTJ and the Prequels, but have to see it again to see to what degree the above bothers me.

Love the fact that it was a 'serious' Movie...just like Awaken was more like New Hope, this was more like Empire (which is my favorite of the bunch).

Like I said...I'm kinda nit-picky...
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hedji

Random question: Why were the Death Troopers' communication with each other unintelligible? Scrambled communication? Imperial Code like the Probe Droid?
      I'm not sure, was wondering myself. My son and I were talking a little about it and we're wondering if those might not actually be humans under the armor. Possibly another race so that could have been their language.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I wondered the same thing at that scene. loved the movie.......loved, absolutely loved, the Vader in battle sequence. I really wish they had done more with it but am happy they at least did what they did. I need a second viewing to fully appreciate any great movie.....plus I had to see it in 3d because my daughter had to work this afternoon and we needed to see the earliest show they had. 3d dies absolutely nothing for this movie and the glasses make the movie to dark to see in a lot of scenes

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

I agree with Earth2Chris about Tarkin and Peter Cushing's voice. The CGI for Tarkin was better than expected and the character had a larger part than I expected. I liked Tarkin's line to Krennic, "I want to make a statement not write a manifesto!"

It was great to finally see Darth Vader be the total badass warrior villain we all believed him to be or was when we played with our action figures.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 16, 2014

Loved this movie so much!
            Every little bit of fan service.
            Every wonderful set and ship...it might beat out Jedi in my book.
            sigpic

Comment

• JRT!
              Museum Super Collector
              • Sep 6, 2015

I agree that the two CGI characters were kinda off,but for me cosplay Vader was kinda off too. But he WAS kinda kick-***,so that kinda makes up for it,slightly. Enoyed the movie but wanna see it in non 3D as well.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

I had a middle seat in non 3D.

Tarkin looked fine to me. Awesome really. Maybe because I'm used to Clone Wars Tarkin and Rebels Tarkin.

I want to see Rogue One again.

I want to hear many lines of dialogue again.

I want to hear what was exactly said about the reference of the retirement of the old T-15's. That was something.

It's a very cool movie.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

"did you hear they're finally retiring the T-15's?"
                  "About time"

I had no idea what that was referring to, my nephews with me were extended U junkies, so they filled in everything I missed: ships, characters, designs, off-hand remarks, locations, etc...
                  Last edited by hedrap; Dec 19, '16, 8:07 AM.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by drquest
                    I'm not sure, was wondering myself. My son and I were talking a little about it and we're wondering if those might not actually be humans under the armor. Possibly another race so that could have been their language.
                    I wondered if they were perhaps non-human troopers, too. That could have explained their tall and spindly build and their language/speech.
                    However the Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide infers them to be human... and that Death Troopers are chosen from standard Stormtrooper ranks for elite DT training, requiring height and weight standards exceeding normal trooper averages. (It also infers that they might be part of an special Imperial project to animate necrotic flesh!)
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                      I wondered if they were perhaps non-human troopers, too. That could have explained their tall and spindly build and their language/speech.
                      However the Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide infers them to be human... and that Death Troopers are chosen from standard Stormtrooper ranks for elite DT training, requiring height and weight standards exceeding normal trooper averages. (It also infers that they might be part of an special Imperial project to animate necrotic flesh!)
                      There you go then... I hadn't read anything into it, but I'm sure that's probably correct.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

So, they're trying not to completely de-canonize the Death Troopers from the EU novel of the same name, which were re-animated Stormtrooper corpses. Interesting.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by hedrap
                          "did you hear they're finally retiring the T-15's?"
                          "About time"

I had no idea what that was referring to, my nephews with me were extended U junkies, so they filled in everything I missed: ships, characters, designs, off-hand remarks, locations, etc...
                          Excellent. Thanks!

Super-cool stuff.

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                            I felt they tied into Vader's "warlocks"...the guy prostrated himself before the deprivation tank. As if the Death Trooper's were offshoots of Vader's armor, modified for Storm Troopers. No better place to test them then lavaworld.

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by JRT!
                              I agree that the two CGI characters were kinda off,but for me cosplay Vader was kinda off too. But he WAS kinda kick-***,so that kinda makes up for it,slightly. Enoyed the movie but wanna see it in non 3D as well.
                              I agree! I was totally convinced with CGI Tarkin and Leia... yes, Tarkin's voice was off, but it was all completely human. I still think it was indulgent, but I thought it was very convincingly done.

But right from that first scene, when Vader first sashays down that ramp, I thought "that is not how Vader walks". Darth Vader does not sashay. It is my biggest nitpick with the movie.

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

Second biggest nitpick: why would the Empire blow up the tower that houses all of their important records? And if the Empire did blow up the original Death Star plans (and the Rebels got away with the copy), how did they build the 2nd Death Star in Jedi?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎