X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Frontier Fun

I never got any Best of the West or Gabriel Lone Ranger but I certainly remember their presence in the early 1970s wish books and i miss seeing them.For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

My grandparents gave me the Lone Ranger & Silver and Tonto & Scout gift sets for Christmas the year The Legend of the Lone Ranger came out. I had no idea this larger world of Lone Ranger toys existed from just a few years before. Unbeknownst to me my grandather had a Best of the West horse and Geronimo figure in with his collection of horses!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

My cousins had both Johnny West and The Lone Ranger, Tonto, Butch Cavendish and the town backdrop. The Johnny West figure was a hand-me-down from somewhere and my cousins didn't know who he was, but he looked a lot like John Wayne, so they called him that.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Vermillion-Windmere
        • Oct 2, 2012

I have never even seen that quick draw Johnny West, now I need one!

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

If I knew a Jonny West with white Sam Cobra body existed i'd have been on that quick.

Think I heard it was a Canadian exclusive though

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

I had Princess Wildflower and Jane West. I think I had Johnny as well, but I don't really remember it well.

I do remember HUGE crowds wanting this back then. You couldn't get the Comanche horse for love or money. Needless to say, I never got it.
            JediJaida

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Looking at this pic again, my grandfather's horse was the one with the wagon. And I have the box and Chief Comanche in pieces as well.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• acrovader
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2011

Could never get into cowboy and Indian toys. For me it was primarily science fiction and fantasy stuff (though I loved RAH G.I. Joe, too). I guess it is a generational thing, but the Lone Ranger is something like my dad grew up with. To me, it's too dry.
                I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎