X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

The BIonic Age

Christmas always reminds me of the Bionic Man, I think it's because he was pricier than Mego or Big Jim.

I honestly got every Bionic toy I had at Christmas and it was a sweet three years, let me tell you.For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Even though I have all that stuff now, as a kid, I got the Bionic Woman for my 11th birthday (and 2 outfits), and that Bionic Beauty Salon that Christmas.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Awesome. I got Steve for Christmas in '77. Still need to pick up Bigfoot and Maskatron.

(And loving that Mego FOS in the corner.)
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

Super great memories. I always loved the first Steve release: My sibling got him that first Christmas he was released for the market. Man, I played with that guy in action adventures so much, getting his arm to lift that battery, rolling back his arm skin over & over again, popping bionics in and out of the arm and legs, and I really "loved" that Bionic eye feature!
        Last edited by comicmike; Dec 13, '16, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 12, 2016

I too am a huge fan of this line....I got the 1st version for Christmas the same year I think I got the big Jim beast truck from the pack line...I thought Maskatron was one of the coolest enemies ever produced...but I admit, I wasnt a huge fan of Steve's bionic grip when he came with the girder...I preferred the regular hands...I still wish they had done this line in a 12 inch format though...never understood why when the general figure formats were either 12 in or 8 in, that they chose a 13 inch format for this line...
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• Ranger 3
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 25, 2007

So much love for this line. I don't know that a better action figure than Maskatron has ever been created.

M

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎