Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melstapler
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 2, 2014

On NECA's twitter page, they've had several people ask them about possibly doing James Bond figures. NECA responded and basically said it was something they've considered. Of course, nothing has materialized and it's safe to assume they're focusing most of their efforts on cash cow lines such as Aliens, Predator, Robocop and Terminator.

I would love to have 7 inch versions of Sean Connery, Roger Moore and Daniel Craig as James Bond. I wouldn't complain if they made a George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan Bond, either. I realize this is all hypothetical, but it would be great to have figures of Bond in the same scale as Rambo, Rocky and Ash Vs. Evil Dead.

Comment

• starsky
      veteran member
      • Aug 26, 2007

that would be great if neca decided to make a bond line! i'd be into it!

Comment

• MeWantMegos
        Museum Super Collector
        • Apr 4, 2010

Originally posted by starsky
        that would be great if neca decided to make a bond line! i'd be into it!
        Great find about that Twitter response.

I would think that a Bond line would offer many more characters than a Terminator or Aliens line.

Comment

• melstapler
          Museum Super Collector
          • Aug 2, 2014

Although Sideshow and Hot Toys have released some excellent James Bond figures in the 1/6 format, fans of detailed collectible action figures in the 1:12 scale (or slightly larger) are in need of an alternative. Due to space constraints and lack of compatibility, I got rid of my entire collection of Sideshow Bond figures. Some James Bond collectors might prefer an alternative to the 1/6 format and I like how NECA's 7 inch and clothed retro figures are compatible with the Mego vehicles and playsets in addition to items I've customized. At this point, I really do think that NECA and the Mezco 1:12 Collective brands are probably the most capable of producing a photo-realistic Bond figure. If any of you have a twitter account, try to send NECA a post and let them know you'd be interested in buying James Bond figures.

Comment

• melstapler
            Museum Super Collector
            • Aug 2, 2014

At this point, I think our chances of seeing James Bond figures would be greater as part of the Mezco 1:12 collective line. They've mastered the art of sculpting photorealistic likenesses (as demonstrated with their Star Trek figures which resemble the actors) and including an arsenal of accessories and weapons.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎