Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

This looks fantastic. The very opening nails the Spidey character like the other other movies have failed too. The essentials of classic Spidey are: Peter Parker has teen drama issues, and Spider-Man is his smart-arse outlet. Well, they nailed both of those.

The Stark insertion doesn't bother me. We've had two separate continuities of Spidey films now. They have to mix in some new elements to get the average movie-goer there. Plus, it helps redeem Iron Man after Cap left him looking like a chump in Civil War.

I think the Vulture design is cool, but I do hope we see Keaton in the suit without the helmet as well.

Holland's introduction on Jimmy Kimmel is worth looking up too. This kid feels like the real deal!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Looks great. My anticipation is high for this one.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

The kid is good. The tone is right on. Feels like Freaks n Geeks meets Ultimate Spider-Man.

...and this is straight-up, no-chaser Ultimate Spider-Man.

It''s nice to see Marissa Tomei stopped aging. I was worried they were going to do a Ma Kent/Diane Lane...take a very pretty woman and gentrify the hell out of her for no good reason.

No idea on Keaton. The irony of how the Vulture adaptation into a mech-design really works...but also becomes a callback to the craptastic Jet Jaguar Goblin.

So tired of RDJ.

Comment

• Allie Fox
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 1, 2009

It looks pretty good to me. However it did not excite me like GotG2 (C'mon they had "Fox on the Run").

Maybe it's just that I'm burned out on subpar Spidermans. I did not like the Maguire films and Garfield while better as Peter Parker, did not have the writing to push it over the edge.
          If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

The only thing I'm not liking is it looks like they're giving him a side-kick. Spidey doesn't need one.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              The Stark insertion doesn't bother me. We've had two separate continuities of Spidey films now. They have to mix in some new elements to get the average movie-goer there. Plus, it helps redeem Iron Man after Cap left him looking like a chump in Civil War.
              See, this is why I hated Civil War. Cap is the one who was wrong here, not Stark. Lawless vigilantism needs to be regulated. Especially after human casualties were the result. Plus Rogers man-crush obsession with Bucky was downright unnerving. And lastly, Cap did not beat Iron Man...Cap AND Bucky TOGETHER did...so let's get our facts straight here...

sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
                See, this is why I hated Civil War. Cap is the one who was wrong here, not Stark. Lawless vigilantism needs to be regulated. Especially after human casualties were the result. Plus Rogers man-crush obsession with Bucky was downright unnerving. And lastly, Cap did not beat Iron Man...Cap AND Bucky TOGETHER did...so let's get our facts straight here...

^That's a matter of opinion Hector. I sided with Cap 100%. Serving your COUNTRY is very different from serving your country's GOVERNMENT. Governments have agendas...just as Cap pointed out, and they rarely seem to have the public good in mind. Government control makes the Avengers tools of people with highly questionable judgement and motives.
                It was obvious Ross wasn't so much concerned with citizen welfare as he was government PR.

At the very least, the Avengers would need to have some sort of veto power to either go or not go into a situation if they disagreed with it.

Also remember, it was revealed that Shield was controlled by Hydra. If the government was also controlled by Hydra, THEY would be in charge of the Avengers. NO WAY is that right or better...

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

That trailer was pretty rad. Between this and Guardians, next summer at the movies should be awesome!

Comment

• daz71
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2014

i don't know why they gave the vulture a helmet when they can't even give hawkeye a cowl.

Comment

• Keeler
                      • Jun 22, 2009

Other than the Tony Stark element this feels like the Spider-Man we all know, with some much needed updating to some of Peter's supporting cast in regards to diversity. I love what I've seen so far. The costume, especially the mask and chest spider, is stellar. Perfectly captures the classic look with enough trimmings to give it its own identity. Michael Keaton is always great. Love RDJ, so while he may seem a bit out of place he is the glue that binds this universe. Never tire of his interpretation of TS.

But seriously did you ever see the day that Iron Man would be used to sell the public on a Spider-Man movie? Crazy.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Michael Keaton's Vulture...action-figure...

So that's how Birdman really ended...

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

shave that beard off of him and he looks more like the Vulture than with that goofy helmet.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• daz71
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2014

that action figure reminds me more of this than the vulture
                            images.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎