Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the most revelant post on the Hulk today?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Superboy Prime
    Career Member
    • Nov 27, 2009

Is this the most revelant post on the Hulk today?

What do you guys think?

If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!
  • Mego Milk
    Custom Mego Maker
    • Jun 3, 2007

Stretchy hulk!

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

When I see a comic article by a self proclaimed megafan misspell John Byrne's name wrong on multiple occasions it just takes me right out of reading it.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

Pak wrote a Warlock that I cannot forgive. Bruce Jones' Hulk was out when the first movie was out and could drive the most ardent fan away. I agree with the writer and a bunch of those issues he shows are some of my best Hulk memories. I enjoyed Peter David' run but mostly issues drawn by Dale Keown.
        Laughed pretty hard at this...
        "Everyone at the party thought he was cheap for getting me just a comic book (because he was very cheap)"

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
          Career Member
          • Nov 27, 2009

Originally posted by Mego Milk
          Stretchy hulk!
          Mego transcends all time and space.
          If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

I've sold 85% of my collection. The one thing I did keep was my complete Hulk run. I'm only missing six Silver Age appearances. Otherwise, it's everything until 2000.

This list is pretty damn accurate to my take. FF 25/26 is not just the best Hulk, but apart of the defining issues of Marvelmania. Hulk Annual 8 and DD 163 are fantastic stand-alone issues. Mystery 112, FF 112, the 70's Hulk you picked...all great choices.

Ones I'd add...

Perfect Absorbing Man story

...Parts of the Tales to Astonish runs and the Byrne/post-Byrne/McFarlane era.

Completely right about 272. Mantlo's idea should have been a odd divergent, but it was the groundwork David needed to not write the Hulk. I've said before if you took David's Hulk run and subbed Superman, Shazam or Thor, it would be the defining storyarc of that character. But for Hulk it's not close.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by hedrap
              Completely right about 272. Mantlo's idea should have been a odd divergent, but it was the groundwork David needed to not write the Hulk. I've said before if you took David's Hulk run and subbed Superman, Shazam or Thor, it would be the defining storyarc of that character. But for Hulk it's not close.
              Definitely, and I enjoyed it as some amazing storytelling but was far and away from THE Incredible Hulk. He even looked like Clark Kent in some of the Liam Sharp drawn issues.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎