X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Thwip! Chemtoy Spider-Man Webmaker

This is a cool rack toy I picked up recently that brings back lots of happy memories. My Dad brought this back with him from the 1978 Toy Fair and I immediately cracked it open and made a huge mess on my desk. It maybe lasted a day tops but what a cool item with beautiful art.

Cool toys like the web maker never got into many department store wishbooks but they did get into the Heroes World Catalogs, the Megomuseum has a comprehensive gallery of old Heroes World comics and ads.
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • ShadowAvenger
    Career Member
    • May 14, 2007

I had this back when I was a kid back in the 1970s. I didn't like the webfluid since it didn't work right for me but I did love the little figures. I still have the red holder and figures packed away some where.
    Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• starsky
      veteran member
      • Aug 26, 2007

i had the webmaker too and i loved it!! came with figures of spiderman , green goblin, and mary jane. the only thing is after years in my drawer, i tried to use the webmaker liquid and it was like water. it wasnt the same consistency any longer.

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

This toy represents my childhood "toy desires" in a big freakin' way
        (and I never had it OR anything like it)
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

I always wanted that...never got it.
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• jds1911a1
            Alan Scott is the best GL
            • Aug 8, 2007

I loved this toy but my mom took it aways after I webshot the station wagon and it took the paint off

Comment

• cgfireman153
              • Aug 14, 2008

ChemToy Webmaker

I have one but the cardboard back is curved...with some sort of clear wrap around it all. Everything else inside is intact and all blisters look good, no cracks. What could something like this be worth...anything?

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I paid $25 for the one in the picture, it sounds to be in the same shape if that helps.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Marvelmania
                  A Ray of Sunshine
                  • Jun 17, 2001

Wasn't there something like a city or scene on the back of it to play with? Also, I think they made a refills pack that had 2 tubes of web fluid. Messy toys were the best!

Comment

• vintage spideyfan
                    Web Wobbler
                    • May 12, 2007

Originally posted by cgfireman153
                    I have one but the cardboard back is curved...with some sort of clear wrap around it all. Everything else inside is intact and all blisters look good, no cracks. What could something like this be worth...anything?
                    The one I have is pretty beat up and missing the figures and I paid less than five bucks. A really pristine example might fetch $50, but these are fairly common and easily obtained on a decent card for right around what Palitoy paid, $20-$30. Definitely one of my favorite packages and an all around nifty toy.

I think they made a refills pack that had 2 tubes of web fluid. Messy toys were the best!
                    Yesterday 5:07 PM
                    There is indeed a refill 2-pack that came on an equally awesome card!! Been trying trying to track the refill pack down for a while.
                    Looking for MOC Pocket Super Heroes...
                    Good Trader List

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Tim Arnold
                      Wasn't there something like a city or scene on the back of it to play with?
                      The card says "Empire State Play City On Back" so t looks like you're right.
                      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                        Career Member
                        • May 14, 2007

Originally posted by starsky
                        i had the webmaker too and i loved it!! came with figures of spiderman , green goblin, and mary jane. the only thing is after years in my drawer, i tried to use the webmaker liquid and it was like water. it wasnt the same consistency any longer.
                        I got one of these when I was a kid at a local general store. I still have mine. One strange thing about this set is the figures. The package says Spiderman, Green Goblin and Mary Jane. But after you open it up and look closely you can see something is not quite right. The female figure is Wonder Woman not Mary Jane.

And the liquid web stuff never worked too well either.

Bob

Comment

• mitchedwards
                          Mego Preservation Society
                          • May 2, 2003

I was so excited to get one, when I was a kid. But, I was disappointed because I thought it would be like Spideys webshooters and I could shoot Spiderman webs with it.

I still have the little yellow toys somewhere in my parents house

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• MEMEGO
                            Career Member
                            • Sep 6, 2007

Anyone know what they used to make the web fuild, i would like to recreate it. If possible.

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Like so many of us, I too wanted it but never got it. Nice to hear it’s relatively obtainable.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎