X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Good deals on DVD sets at Walmart

I was just at Walmart and noticed they seem to have some good deals on TV series DVD sets, so I wrote down the prices of the sets I thought would be of the most interest on here... Here they are:

"Twilight Zone" (complete series) $49.96
    "Star Trek" (original series w/enhanced FX) $49.96
    "Have Gun, Will Travel" (set contains seasons 1-4) $39.96
    "Gunsmoke" (set contains seasons 1-4) $39.96
    "Gomer Pyle, USMC" (complete series) $34.96
    "The Andy Griffith Show" (set contains seasons 1-5) $39.96
    "Happy Days" (set contains seasons 1-6) $34.96
    "The Munsters" (complete series plus two "Munsters" movies) $24.96

"Star Trek " (original cast movies set) $24.96
    "Star Trek:TNG" (cast movies set) $24.96

There was also a set for "Star Trek: TNG" (seasons 1-5) but I forgot to write down the price on that one...

They also had sets like "South Park", "'Sanford and Son", "I Love Lucy", a couple individual sets of "The Simpsons" and others...
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Thanks! Some fun stuff there. Did you happen to see any Batman 66?

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      Thanks! Some fun stuff there. Did you happen to see any Batman 66?
      I didn't notice the "Batman '66" series there, but that doesn't mean they didn't have it: I might have just glossed over it if it was there... I do know when I was in Target last week, they had it in stock, as did Best Buy...

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Did you happen to see any Batman 66?
        As I mentioned in my previous post, I seen "Batman" (1966 TV series) at Target... When I seen it, it was only the first season, but when I ran in there today, to the one located on the other side of town, they had *the complete series* for $69.99...

Also, to add to my initial post, I was also at Walmart today and seen they had "Tales From The Darkside" (complete series) for only $29.96...

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Did you happen to see any Batman 66?
          I was at two different Walmarts within the last two days, and both of them were carrying "Batman" 66, the complete series, for $69.96...

Also, they're carrying "Rawhide", seasons one thru six in a double boxed set for $59.96, and "Kolchak-The Night Stalker" (all twenty episodes of the original Darren McGavin series) for $19.96...

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

What an awesome price on The Nightstalker. Maybe I should buy me a backup? My wife says I seem to need two of everything. Well...she knows I only take one of her. (;

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
              Career Member
              • Jun 8, 2015

I need Deep Space Nine the complete series. :(

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

That is a pretty good deal on Kolchak, Gonna have to pick one of those up. When you get into shows that are that old, I don't really see the difference in buying them on DVD or Bluray unless the studio has gone to extraordinary measures to clean the picture up (like they did with LOST IN SPACE on Bluray).
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by apes3978
                  I was at two different Walmarts within the last two days, and both of them were carrying "Batman" 66, the complete series, for $69.96...

Also, they're carrying "Rawhide", seasons one thru six in a double boxed set for $59.96, and "Kolchak-The Night Stalker" (all twenty episodes of the original Darren McGavin series) for $19.96...
                  Pretty sure I paid more than that for a crappy Kolchak bootleg on Ioffer. That's a good deal.

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

I haven't looked at their website, but I would imagine you'd be able to buy "The Night Stalker" on Walmart.com if it's not in the store in your immediate area... I know the Walmart I first went into didn't have it on their shelves, I actually found it at the Walmart on the other side of town...

BTW: It's copyrighted as 2016, so it's still a relatively new release so maybe all of them didn't get it in stock yet? Also, there's a website listed on the back of the packaging:

Great-TV-Shows.com

I haven't checked it out yet, but it may have details about the DVD release of "The Night Stalker" release...

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

I did a dog food run to Walmart today and while I was in there I looked at the DVDs and found they're selling the complete 22 episode series of "The Flash" from 90/91 starring John Wesley Shipp-Asking price, $9.96.

I figured that title would probably be of the most interest on this board, but they did add more new titles from when I was in there last: "The Beverly Hillbillies" (seasons 1-4 box set), "Petticoat Junction" (seasons 1-3 box set) "Wonder Woman" (the complete series), "The Beavis and Butthead Collection", "Mary Tyler Moore Show" (seasons 1-4 box set), and a few more I can't remember right off the top of my head...

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Time to upgrade my 90s Flash!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡