Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

I sure would like to see the new KISS figures ready to order.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by JediJaida
      An improved female body with no rubber bands. Heads that are in scale, and don't look like they are constipated.
      will NEVER happen from FTC

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Sigh. I know. And at this stage, we won't see anything of the kind from Doc either.

Unless someone comes into a serious amount of cash, we will never get it.
        JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by JediJaida
          Sigh. I know. And at this stage, we won't see anything of the kind from Doc either.

Unless someone comes into a serious amount of cash, we will never get it.
          There was/is a company producing bandless bodies, but they aren't fully compatible with Mego and they don't seem to want to produce more parts that are compatible. But for once Teemu is right and there is no way FTC will do anything that revolutionary. They sure don't even seem to want to fix the sculpting issues they have either.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Slarivier
            • Sep 21, 2014

Well, the line has been running a few years now. Given the decreasing quality (unfinished heads, etc), I'm guessing they're running out of money or interest in continuing. It would be unusual for a toy line to continue past this point from any company, really.

I do think they've done something remarkable, looking at each series. We'll be talking about it for many years. But I doubt we'll see the Wonder Woman line, or Hawkman, or even the recently announced Dr. Fate etc from them. I would be very surprised if anything new comes down the pipeline. They almost certainly have a few series of re-treads and different packaging in them, though. I'm still in awe of what they've accomplished, though. it's been a great run

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

I'm sure that there are plenty of sculptors here at the forum that can do better sculpts than the current one.

The problem would be finding a manufacturer that would do them in the proper scale, as well as scraping together the money for it.

It might be a good idea for a future Kickstarter project.
              JediJaida

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Slarivier
                Well, the line has been running a few years now. Given the decreasing quality (unfinished heads, etc), I'm guessing they're running out of money or interest in continuing. It would be unusual for a toy line to continue past this point from any company, really.

I do think they've done something remarkable, looking at each series. We'll be talking about it for many years. But I doubt we'll see the Wonder Woman line, or Hawkman, or even the recently announced Dr. Fate etc from them. I would be very surprised if anything new comes down the pipeline. They almost certainly have a few series of re-treads and different packaging in them, though. I'm still in awe of what they've accomplished, though. it's been a great run
                Did I just read a eulogy? There are scores of new licensing coming out next year. Not sure where the dark projection comes from. Opinions to head sculpts and general styling is purely subjective and not anything I would point to as definitive proof of a lost desire in their current business pursuits. Lots of product out there.
                Last edited by MIB41; Dec 4, '16, 7:57 AM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Slarivier

The run is nowhere near ending. Lots more great things to come.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                    Custom Mego Maker
                    • Jun 3, 2007

don't be so sad, my MEGO friends.

One day you will look back and say...."Hey, remember that time FTC made a whole bunch of MEGO style figures? That was cool."

I am looking forward to LOTS more!

AW YEAH GO GO GO!

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Mego Milk
                      don't be so sad, my MEGO friends.

One day you will look back and say...."Hey, remember that time FTC made a whole bunch of MEGO style figures? That was cool."

I am looking forward to LOTS more!

AW YEAH GO GO GO!
                      ^^^
                      This!
                      I don't know why the sun never seems to shine in some people's world, but I choose to focus on the (mostly) positive, rather than sully every FTC thread with the same negative comments.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 16, 2014

I think we're good for quite a while with FTC...now sell me the Jonny Quest toys I've been waiting for my whole life.
                        sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

I'd like to see FTC get the license to make some cool M*A*S*H* figures, not necessarily the whole cast
                          just the more popular characters, and a army jeep vehicle that fits them.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

I was hoping for a Batman in Black by now based on the Neal Adams Batman sculpt.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• hawkmike
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2003

hawkman or jonny quest
                              wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                                The Man of Many Voices
                                • Aug 30, 2005

SUPER FRIENDS: Hawkman, Wendy & Marvin, (hoping to eventually get Wonder Dog)
                                LEGION OF DOOM: Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Sinestro, Scarecrow, Black Manta, Giganta, Solomon Grundy, Grodd,

Hawkman, DCU or Super Powers or Justice League of America

Batman 66 Catwoman (and what about Commissioner Gordon?)

Hoping to see canine characters, Wonder Dog, Bandit, Scooby Doo and Dynomutt

Super Powers fist fighter Firestorm

Hoping that Robin in Teen Titans Wave 3 will be the Teen Wonder (Dick Grayson) version like the Super Powers version.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎