X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Help Dorothy and friends find the Wizard of Oz

The Witches Castle was a Sears exclusive (and now a pricey collectible) and was originally meant for the Super Knights toys.

My local toy store put these in the same basket as the Superheroes, as a six year old boy they just couldn't compete with Aquaman.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

The Oz figures are some of Mego's best. And back when the movie was only on TV once a year, I can imagine they were gobbled up by lots of eager kid fans.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Oz is one of Mego's most beautiful lines and the castle is one of the best playsets throughout the company. When I finally nabbed one, I was gobsmacked at its detail, design, and playability. It is soooo nice with the knights and monsters, let alone Oz. I always encourage collectors to try and get one of these, instead of the smaller and somewhat poorly-designed Mad Monster Castle. The Witch's Castle, instead of having printed cardboard encased in clear vinyl like other Mego playsets, has details printed directly on the slate-blue vinyl exterior. The effect is striking. Plus a working drawbridge andportcullis, who can resist?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Whatta mean ages 4 to 10 years?

Looks like you could only get the Wicked Witch with the castle and not separately.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Was this offered for only one season? I seem to recall another ad.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I always thought the Tin Man was probably the nicest figure Mego ever made.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^ I love the Tin Man, he's my favorite Oz character and figure. Isn't it bizarre that Mego could do him and the Super-Knights but somehow couldn't pull-off/afford Dr. Doom?

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I vividly remember having the Scarecrow packed into my stocking Christmas morning. The Tin man soon followed under the Christmas tree. Those were great memories.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎