X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Top Toys Masters of the Universe.

I totally spaced I still had these. Came across them again, today, mixed in with my She-Ra figures.

These were made by Top Toys and released in Argentina. They do use actual MOTU molds but are of much poorer quality than the North American releases. Skeletor and He-Man were released under license by Mattel. The red Merman with the Beastman body and Skeletor armor is actually Felinor from the modern Fuerza-T bootleg line Top Toys did in the early 2000s reusing MOTU molds to create new characters.

They are a cool novelty but again the quality is kind of iffy. Their accessories have a lot of flashing and are made out of thin cheap plastic. Skeletor's sword is particularly rough. Skeletor and He-Man use the later solid head molds. Felinor's accessories are VERY thin and rubbery. But he does have glow in the dark face paint which is pretty cool.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you for sharing these, I really like the character and execution of the Felinor figure.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I really like the character and execution of the Felinor figure.
      There's 8 figures in the Fuerza-T set and they are all pretty funky looking. The main hero of the line is a repainted He-Man with green hair and goatee mixed with Fisto and Jitsu parts.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I just checked pix of the figures and many customs for the characters. Very cool. Spektor glows in the dark? Awesome!!
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 27, '16, 6:25 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Remco Monster
          GLOWS in the Dark!
          • May 3, 2006

Those are great. The He-man is especially cool!

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I forgot to mention they all do have the same punching action as the regular MOTU figures.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Were the Fuerza-T figures contemporaneous with MOTU, or later bootlegs?

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                Were the Fuerza-T figures contemporaneous with MOTU, or later bootlegs?
                Top Toys did have the license for MOTU in the 80s. The Fuerza-T figures were later bootlegs.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                  A Ray of Sunshine
                  • Jun 17, 2001

How did you ever find these in the first place to purchase them? Really a nice surprise that you re-found them!

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Marvelmania
                    How did you ever find these in the first place to purchase them?
                    I bought the Top Toys Skeletor and He-man in the mid to late 90s. Back then there wasn't a lot of interest in the foreign variants like these. From what I remember they were cheaper than the US carded versions. I also got stuff like Spanish She-Ra figures and a Skeletor and He-Man made in France.

[edit]

I forgot to mention a big plus of getting the Spanish She-Ra figure was the gold paint didn't turn green and runny like on many of the US releases. The paint is perfect to this day.
                    Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 27, '16, 9:27 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Vintage Top Toys Masters of the Universe commercial.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎