X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

ThinkGeek Cap is on sale again

View all results for . Search our huge selection of new and used video games at fantastic prices at GameStop.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

Thanks for posting about it, I missed the sale last time, but ordered one this time around. Close to $59 for me after tax and picking the cheapest shipping method. I didn't want to miss this one because this one looked great, it's the most I've spent on a Marvel set to date

I've lately been buying many of the Marvel sets. I still never got the non-exclusive version of Captain America. I missed the old $25 sales online and wish I could find one new for that much, but I doubt it will happen.

Looking forward to this set. I just built my Thor figures this evening and unlike the Deadpool and Wolverine sets I didn't have to touch up anything paint-wise. I'll share pics along with my commentary at a later date.

Comment

• JDeRouen
      Author of Small Things
      • Jun 14, 2001

Missed it!
      --
      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

$39.99 as part of holiday sale. I bit on that one. Great price.

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Nice! That's a great price!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by MIB41
            $39.99 as part of holiday sale. I bit on that one. Great price.
            Thanks for the tip Tom. I bought bits and pieces from Lonnie, but for $40 I couldn't pass on the set. That catches me back up.

Comment

• jacoblb
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2009

This is a great set. I'd like to have gotten the better pricing, but who can predict such things?

This one ranks pretty high on my list of 3 solid characters. But I think I'd have preferred a U.S. Agent over the cop. Still, all 3 were nice. I dig the example of the U.S. Agent within the booklet.

I personally think I'd probably rank Daredevil highest among the DST/EMCE sets because he had the best modern retro figure and his billy clubs worked like a charm. The red costume version was made so well one would think it wasnt the boxed figure example. Mu only quip would be the chest insignia was hard to see. Deadpool was up there, but the retro figure was too plain and the hands weren't red. Anyway, it's probably not fair to compare sets since some of the retro figures are actually just that--repros of the original Mego figures like Spidey, the first Captain release, and Thor.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎