Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riderfan
    Megos are cool
    • Feb 14, 2012

I think Two Face looks great, but I also have the Mattel version (transferred to a DM body) so I don't need another.

Batgirl looks OK & I think the head works better here than on the '66, but I don't need another Batgirl.

Catwoman is very accurate, but I've never liked that outfit.

Poison Ivy is tough, as the character (as others have said) did, a mere 50 years ago, have short brown hair. But most of us probably expected long red hair. I don't think the Duke head helps matters.

Overall I think the wave is pretty good, but I'll wait for the spare parts & get the Catwoman head & Ivy outfit and put together stuff the way I want. Its nice that CTV/FTC allows these options.

Just my opinion. YMMV

K
    I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      FTC does such nice screened suits and Poison Ivy begs for that approach, I don't understand it.
      I like that they are getting away from the screen print suits, the head totally ruins it, tho.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• OCSuperman
        Museum Patron
        • Sep 4, 2014

I like these. Poison Ivy is little "smiley" but I like her.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

What a homerun wave of Batman greats! Hard to pick a favorite from these four.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            I like that they are getting away from the screen print suits, the head totally ruins it, tho.
            For new characters, I can understand your opinion. On the other hand---and especially as variants--the screened suits have a certain *pop* that is appealing to me. I'm surprised FTC hasn't offered the vintage gals SS variants. Particularly since the pajama pattern can compensate for the skinniness of the female figure.

Poison Ivy, at the very least, could have a screened inset of leaves on green fabric for the bodice, which might have made the figure more appealingly streamlined. Plastic Man is another figure that would benefit from a screened variant.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

Wow...they just get lazier and lazier. Seriously??!!?? Still no new female body??!!?? The Retro-Action Mattel Two Face is head and shoulders above their version of Two Face. The only redeeming thing, in my opinion, is Catwoman's outfit. That's it. I hope for FTC's sake the figures change from these proto's...but something tells me they won't. Here's a thought...why doesn't FTC just offer outfits instead the entire figure? Their head sculpts are atrocious...but they sure as hell can make nice outfits and accessories. Just a though. Pass on this line for me.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                The Retro-Action Mattel Two Face is head and shoulders above their version of Two Face.
                There's no disputing taste, but I don't agree. The FTC soft-goods on Two-face surpass Mattel, and the heads sculpts are comparable. It's one of FTC's best efforts IMO--and one of Mattel's, too.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Looking at these again, I really don't have a big problem with Two Face and Catwoman, you can always switch those to better bodies, but as far as Batgirl, she looks constipated and Poison Ivy with the DD head is just plain cheap, the outfit looks like she's the Jolly Green Giant's sister.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Good one there, tjac!
                    JediJaida

Comment

• rodkeith
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 16, 2008

I really like Two-Face and Catwoman, and Batgirl is okay but is slightly tarnished by an blank, lifeless head sculpt. Poison Ivy just seems undercooked and the head wrong for the character. Re-use of the Kresge Mary Marvel would've been much better than Daisy Duke.

I feel lately that in every 4 figure wave from FTC, three figures are good and even great, and one seems to miss the boat completely. Recent examples of that are the Lab Coat Luthor and the Disco-70's Batman.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

They need to make Ivy a red head. Or how else is my Harley Quinn figure going to be able to hang out with her and call her Red?

Comment

• jacoblb
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2009

Having just purchased the prior wave, I'm looking forward to these, they look good 'ta me.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Two is the only one I'll be buying, I like the head sculpt better than the Mattel one. Mattel one will be headed to eBay.
                            sigpic

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Mixed bag. Catwoman: looks really good, head sculpt and costume. Not an easy costume to pull off in Mego style, but it works here. Best of the bunch. Two-Face: Outfit is great, head sculpt is great and looks decently sized. I really like the sculpt here, it really evokes the Bronze age appearance I remember from the 70's. Ivy: okay, I'm with the folks who would have preferred screen printing here. I give FTC credit for trying something more difficult in this case, but the end result looks bad in this scale. The Daisy head is also pretty bad here; the Invisible Girl head would work better here if they have to recycle. It's a shame, because it looks like they were trying to put in some extra effort here, but it just didn't work. Batgirl: Costume and cape are good, but that head and that deer in the headlights look just sinks the figure. I like the sculpted mask idea here, and if the sculpt was just less...shocked looking, I'd be pretty happy with it. Good news overall is that I don't see any HUGE noggins here; Harvey looks a bit on the big side, but not horrible.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                                Custom Mego Maker
                                • Jun 3, 2007

HA!
                                Getting!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎