• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Smurfs the lost village trailer

This looks awesome.

All animated. No live action. No modern world.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

THIS is how they should've made them. Can't wait.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• supes
      For the love of Mego's!
      • Jan 19, 2004

I'm in!!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

As long as there's no George Lopez.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Try as I might, I just can't get into these new Smurfs...the cartoon is so ingrained in my mind...the voices, the music, that these new versions just feel all wrong.

Comment

• SKotK
            Career Member
            • Mar 11, 2014

The last two Smurfs movies were mostly awful, and I knew it by the time the first trailer came out. So much wrong with those. The great thing about the Smurfs was the mystical, magical setting of the actual world they lived in. But Hollywood used the typical "fish out of water" plot they've used a million times over to have them thrown into real life modern day NYC, USA (in the first one)...what a concept! And hilarity didn't ensue. Plus, they messed with the look of the Smurfs, and that just wasn't right.

This time around they are doing it right, keeping the original Smurfs in their own world and exploring the magic and mystery of it. There might actually be an engaging storyline in this thing, if you can stomach the constant bad pop culture reference humor (which unfortunately carries over from the other movies, it looks like).

I'm gonna give this film a chance. I wasn't a huge fan of the 80s cartoons (they were really watered-down and dumbed-down for kids), but I love the stories as told in the original comic strips...and if this movie can fall somewhere between the two without being dumbed-down too much then I'll be happy.

--SKot
            Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

I've always kind of had a soft spot for the Smurfs so I'd give this a go.

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

I bet they find the village where there is one guy and the rest gals.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎