X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Avengers 1.1...OH YEAH!!!

This is exactly the kind of book I was talking about when I was floating the idea of a retro/classic line for Marvel or DC. Great read with a veteran artist that knows how to draw. Beautiful look to it and reads like the "old" comics do. They even do the referencing of other comics in the word balloons/rectangles. Just an absolute JOY to read this comic. It's a shame that it appears that it may be a limited run. The original "press" release stated that it's going to be a 5 issue series. I hope not...it's that good that it will keep the older readers interested in what looks like an AWFUL new outlook on the Marvel Universe. BTW, I was going to pick up Thanos this week...but that art is just AWFUL. I love Deodato as an artist...but he must be doing his art on a computer these days. There is NO WAY that he drew this book the traditional way on paper. There is no depth at all. Had to put it back on the shelf it was THAT bad.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Or a link or something???
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Well, after some googling I wonder why its not called Avengers 16.1. Kitson is a good choice for a retro book. I was hoping it would be more stories following Avengers 1 with the Hulk still in the line up. When Stan and Jack sent him packing, it took a lot of the internal conflict right out of the book and turned it a little blah. They corrected that mistake with the new line up by adding two hot heads in Quicksilver and Hawkeye.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Sorry about that...This is the cover I'd like to get because I am a fan of Alan Davis. It's a variant:

This is the regular cover which is also a stunner in my opinion:

The ad says the cover is Alex Ross...It's obviously not. The regular Avengers 1 was a Ross Cover. Hell, the info is completely wrong in the ad. How I love quality control in advertising these day

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

I like both but admit to liking the variant cover best.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Wow! Looks like Marvel might be getting the train back onto the right track...I sure hope so.
            sigpic

Comment

• haggis
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 17, 2008

Sweet...gotta get this!
              No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎