X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toothaction
    Career Member
    • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by powersthatbe
    ... or flat face plate(like docmego sells on his site)? ....
    Pardon my weak Google Fu, but would someone please share (or point me to) an image of the post-rhinoplasty Iron Man head mentioned here?

Originally posted by Timothy2251
    ... (maybe a suitcase with a sculpted Iron Man suit inside?) ...
    I like this idea very much! Has the potential to trump my love for Oscar Goldman's 'sploding one.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

All these people wan't a cloth mego Ironman and this is on a Punisher thread. Ironman is the one figure that could sell variants with different heads, and color changes such as red and silver, or adding iron on applications like Mezco. I sure wish Diamond would consider this because I wan't the 1960's Cat mask head

Comment

• wise guy
        Career Member
        • Dec 29, 2014

I came across the Punisher set at a local comic shop but had to pass at 80.00 plus sales tax. The heads look painted and the Mezco 1:12 Punisher is far superior for price.
        It's too bad Diamond can't get these right maybe someone else should try because years are going by with very little to collect. FTC would probably screw them up too so maybe it's time to go with Mezco 1:12

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

I want Punisher set but have not seen it in person. Not good, huh?

I agree on Mezco One:12. I havalmost all One:12 Marvel and DC. Mezco beat EMCE to Red Skull, Iron Man, Dr. Strange and black costume Spidey.

Punisher is only 8th set DST has released since the sets were announced April 2014. I know FTC is inconsistent but look at its D.C., Batman 66, Hanna Barbara outpouring since 2013.

FTC was offered the $80 Mego Marvel sets license structure but passed. FTC should have picked it up and twice as many sets would have been made by now.

If DST and EMCE Marvel license ends who besides FTC could make Marvel Megos? NECA who makes 1/4 Marvel figures and excellent new Megos, too?
          Last edited by ovenmitt; Aug 20, '17, 2:37 AM.

Comment

• DSTZach
            Museum Super Collector
            • Mar 1, 2012

The second Deadpool set is next, and the only reason we're doing a second Deadpool set is because the first one sold out immediately, it is the fastest sell-out we've had.

We could certainly poll the Mego Museum, but obviously, people who come here like the classic characters, even though they seem to be split between getting the exact same characters Mego made and getting unmade classic characters. And given that Deadpool has outsold Daredevil and Wolverine, more "modern" characters are certainly on the table, and would potentially be considered alongside or even before older characters, including most villains, who do not sell as well as heroes pretty much as a rule, going back to the Mego days.

But we will continue to make sets as long as we see a demand for them, because we like making them, and they are selling in sufficient numbers to proceed. A low-selling set alone would not necessarily end the line, but if we had a couple in a row, maybe we might think about it. I do not know that we are necessarily keeping others from making similar items, as you can see with Mezco; I do not know if NECA would embrace the price point we are working with.

Fantastic Four is not possible right now, as far as I know, but maybe in the future.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Thanks for the info Zach. Was Spidey 2099 cancelled?

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by DSTZach
                The second Deadpool set is next, and the only reason we're doing a second Deadpool set is because the first one sold out immediately, it is the fastest sell-out we've had.
                Deadpool is popular right now because of the movie and I am not even against him getting another set. But should he get another set so soon and before Iron Man who is arguably even more popular and has been the driving force of the entire Marvel movie universe? Would Deadpool dressed as a pirate really outsell Iron Man?
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 28, 2013

Yeah, I think Deadpool is an anomaly. I dont THINK a Starlord, Vision, Falcon, or Ant-Man set will set sales on fire like DP. Too bad Drax doesnt have a 3rd look!
                  Another Wolverine set with Old Man Logan?

Comment

• DSTZach
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Mar 1, 2012

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    Deadpool is popular right now because of the movie and I am not even against him getting another set. But should he get another set so soon and before Iron Man who is arguably even more popular and has been the driving force of the entire Marvel movie universe? Would Deadpool dressed as a pirate really outsell Iron Man?
                    Deadpool was popular before the movie. That's why the movie was made. And even if Iron Man wasn't a design/tooling challenge, this isn't just Deadpool in a pirate costume, it's Deadpool in his most current costume, plus two more radically different outfits. Maybe it won't sell as well and we'll learn our lesson. But I hope it does, because it will make it easier for us to do new characters. I doubt we'd revisit Wolverine, who is still in stock. I can think of more popular characters than Wolverine we could do.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

^ I appreciate your input, truly. Sometimes I'm buying these sets and sometimes merely parted out.

But I have to say, IMO Iron Man doesn't pose any more of a challenge than Emce's previous Ventures Monarch figures.

If you at DST choose to alternate with classic and modern sets, I'm OK with that--but it'd be very nice to see Green Goblin, Iron Man, and Red Skull offered alongside Deadpool and Spidey variants. The sales might surprise you.

I've given up hoping for Dr. Strange or Ant-Man, which could have been killer sets...
                      Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 2, '17, 10:11 AM.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• wise guy
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 29, 2014

Ironman was not a tooling challenge for Mego and he shouldn't be one today . If any other
                        company had his rights in 8" cloth retro he would have a figure now .

Comment

• DSTZach
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Mar 1, 2012

Originally posted by wise guy
                          Ironman was not a tooling challenge for Mego and he shouldn't be one today . If any other
                          company had his rights in 8" cloth retro he would have a figure now .
                          Mego made hundreds of thousands of Iron Man. We would make 3000. There are tooling costs to consider. No other company was interested in this scale/price for Marvel

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Sorry, I thought you were speaking of design challenges, not cost restraints.

Every other release has had unique boots, so I'm assuming the obstacles with Iron Man are the belt and gloves?

Other classic choices like I noted above would rely more heavily on soft goods.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by DSTZach
                              Maybe it won't sell as well and we'll learn our lesson. But I hope it does, because it will make it easier for us to do new characters.
                              I don't want DST to learn a lesson. I like the line and have been supporting it. I'm just disappointed with another Deadpool set before an extremely popular A-lister like Iron Man/Tony Stark. No Iron Man is a big hole in the collection. Missing out on pirate Deadpool isn't.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• puckace
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Feb 5, 2009

Iron man would be an instant buy for me. Done right, I think you could sell more than the standard 3,000 units. Another would be Hulk. Classic Hulk, Smart Hulk, World War Hulk. Done and done.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎