Awesome!
    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
    My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

Is Punisher the last from Diamond because I don't see any new cloth retro sets in the pics at San Diego comic con 2017 ? Lots of 7" Marvel figures and Ghost Busters stuff.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I saw pics of a pirate Deadpool.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

It depends I believe on the sales of punisher if the line continues.In my opinion,I think it's done after the deadpool release.

Comment

• jreinhardt
            • May 10, 2007

I hope not. I will lose all respect for diamond select if they drop the ball on these. Instead of killing them they need to increase the range to include reproduction plus two alternates. Enough dead pool, punisher, daredevil creations and go back to the reproduction stuff they started with

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

I was buying these sets... except the wolverine one ... but the idea of doubling up on spiderman and deadpool pretty much killed my interest. I mean they are so few and far between as it is... then to put out the same character multiple times... it just doesn't work. Not to mention the whole concpet of remego is based on nostalgia or "retro action" ... the people interested in this stuff are us old guys who like the 70s era characters. The younger audience will never be into it... I mean besides some of our own kids.
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 22, 2011

I agree completely. Get back to classic characters and leave the Deadpools and more modern characters to Marvel Legends.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^ Yes. I don't begrudge DD, Deadpool, and Punisher. But rehashes of previous releases is a waste of effort IMO. I'm astonished that we haven't seen Iron Man, Green Goblin, even Lizard.
                  I have slim hopes for a Dr. Strange or a Hank Pym set, which would seem ideal for the format.

And for a female set, Black Widow? She's had three distinct costumes.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jreinhardt
                    • May 10, 2007

I just wish they would actually take a poll here on mego museum if they are going to stop doing it and make the set the fan base wanted before the end. Don't get me wrong I like the punisher deadpool and such. But we all have wanted to see an iron man since the start or a few enemies

The sales being driven by if so and so doesn't sell, we won't make X. That **** should have no bearing if they continue to make sets.
                    Just do a run of 2500 or even 2000. I want a Dr Doom. It would need a 2099 doom and the origin before he was doom. Make it a set of 2099. We need enemies if they want to do characters that were never produced

The reason I collect these is because there are three versions of one character and while not being Megos they are still licensed from marvel comics.
                    Last edited by jreinhardt; Jul 22, '17, 7:25 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Doom seems an obvious choice.

Obviously it's not my investment, but I really would have pushed for three releases a year, classic characters riding the wave of the MCU.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• wise guy
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 29, 2014

Diamond's comments that( if we haven't made Green Goblin by now) kind of let me down that they don't think Spidey's villans would sell so what about Dr. Doom ? If they don't want
                        to put out charectors that might not sell than females like Black Widow could fall into this group. If we could get Dr Strange and Ironman I would be a little happier but Diamond has
                        let me down before with Star Trek remegos

Comment

• ovenmitt
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 26, 2009

I wanted and bought Spidey, Cap, Thor, and Daredevil. Got Wolverine cheap. Took awhile to bite on Deadpool.

I did not buy think geek Captain America set even when price was dropped to $40? And I will not buy pirate Deadpool set either.

I like the Punisher set and we need more NEW CLASSIC characters ( Iron Man, Hulk, Cyclops, Dr Strange, Ghost Rider) instead of doubling up like jayraytee said. And we need a FEMALE (Black Widow, Spider-Woman, Carol Danvers, Jean Grey) and VILLIAN ( Green Goblin, Dr Doom, Magneto, Venom) PRONTO!

These sets are released so infrequently they are not even a regular line. And cloth costumed figure fans are more likely to spend $80 on Mezco One:12 Marvel (and DC) than these neglected and most likely soon to be cancelled sets.

Diamond has Marvel Select 7" figures since 2002 15 years now and that had an impressive SDCC showing this week. I don't see why DST still bothers with the Marvel Retro sets after 3 years.
                          Last edited by ovenmitt; Jul 22, '17, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• jayraytee
                            Career Member
                            • May 27, 2011

The only thing that would get me to buy another set is Iron Man, if he was made to go with Thor and Captain America.... I might buy sets after that.
                            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by jayraytee
                              The only thing that would get me to buy another set is Iron Man, if he was made to go with Thor and Captain America.... I might buy sets after that.
                              I don't think you'll be getting any more, then.

Comment

• wise guy
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014

Dr. Strange , Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, and Cable would be nice !

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎