X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
    I think the Universe of Evil Batman & Robin would look outstanding with the red version.
    Hadn't thought about this until now.What a freaking brilliant idea!!!
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• PeterRR
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jun 2, 2008

I wish they wouldn't make an exact replica but make a more scaled version. With front and back canopies. The Original mego Batmobile Doesn't go for much. And are they going to ask more money than the original one

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 15, 2010

Awesome--I'll get one. I still have my original, and by some miracle, the original box.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

The first car Batman drove in Detective Comics #27 was red, as was the first car called "The Batmobile" in 1941. But the distinctive, bat-head front, big fin on back Batmobile was always blue/black, although it did have red trim!

If you're into Batmobiles, this site is essential:

The complete history of the Batmobile from 1939 to today, featuring news and information from the comics, television, movies, games, toys, and more!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Wow, that's a great site--thanks for sharing Chris.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 14, 2012

Originally posted by PeterRR
              I wish they wouldn't make an exact replica but make a more scaled version. With front and back canopies. The Original mego Batmobile Doesn't go for much. And are they going to ask more money than the original one
              I don't know it for a fact, but I imagine their license probably requires them to make an exact replica. That's probably why the phrase "exact replica" is featured so prominently. But I agree a closer to scale version with front and back canopies would be great.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by pmwasson
                This is one time that if FTC accidently made it too big, I don't think anybody would complain.
                Couldn't agree more. If it isn't scaled more appropriately, I'll have to pass.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

Very cool site! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                    Hadn't thought about this until now.What a freaking brilliant idea!!!
                    No, it's terrible! Using the red Batmobile for the Universe of Evil figures is so clever that now I'm going to have to get one! That really is a great idea, and I really am probably going to get one now. Depending on the price, I may wind up getting the blue one, as well.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                      Wasn't there a red Batmobile that was a toy made in Japan?

And I think the Universe of Evil Batman & Robin would look outstanding with the red version.
                      *sigh* You probably cost a lot of members some extra cash and made FTC a few more bucks as well. Not sure if I am going to do it because I want the black and blue Batmobiles, that's a really good idea.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 21, 2009

As for whether it will roll, when FTC says "exact replica" I take that to mean "Yes, it will have wheels that roll."

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                          One eyed, wonder
                          • Dec 17, 2009

IMO the red one has two major draws: 1) Japanese version, 2) SuperFriends Universe of Evil.
                          I really like these three color choices!

Comment

• jacoblb
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2009

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
                            As for whether it will roll, when FTC says "exact replica" I take that to mean "Yes, it will have wheels that roll."
                            I cannot state one way or another, but the hypothetical question in older threads like this of whether or not FTC was going to eventually bring out the Batmobile has finally been officially answered, however others stated back then it was unlikely the wheels could roll due to strict license regulations set forth by Mattel. In other words, big companies like Hasbro and Mattel have a lot of influence on what other companies can do. This is why Funko Pop vinyls of Star Wars or Marvel characters have to be bobble heads.
                            But that doesn't mean there won't be any work around solutions to get working wheels. I hope the wheels roll and are sold that way. I will buy either way.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                              Permanent Member
                              • May 15, 2009

I'm sure the wheels will roll. All of their vehicles have had moving wheels, it would be odd to release one without. If they couldn't do the wheels I think they'd said as much.

That said, they also called the shark an "exact replica" and it didn't have the mechanics, even though it actually said on the package that it could, so I wouldn't get too caught up in that wording as a definitive sign one way or the other.

Comment

• zaphod
                                • Dec 19, 2011

Wonder if they will do a GREEN batmobile for the eco-friendly Batman?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎