X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

FTC Batmobile ?

I brought this up in the Wayne Foundation thread, but figured it might elicit more discussion if I broke it out into its own thread.
    I'm not sure how many others noticed this, but last week's Mego Newsletter announced an FTC Batman/Robin/Bat-Signal pack, and on the back of the package in the bottom right corner they show several accessories available for the figures, including a Batmobile. I can't imagine they'd include a pic of a vintage Mego vehicle in a pic showing their own Batcave and Prison Joker and Penguin. Does this mean we may be getting an FTC version? Will it have "rolling" wheels (I believe Mattel has the exclusive rights for a rolling version) ? Thoughts?
    I have the 3-pack on order, but it hasn't shipped yet, so I don't have a better pic of the package back.

Edited 2-24-17 to add the official announcement pic:

Last edited by warlock664; Feb 24, '17, 8:13 AM.
  • markp67
    • Jun 22, 2010

It'd be awesome if we get one. I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

If they made the fabled (and totally fake) blue Batmobile, I might have to bite. My original is minty fresh otherwise, but nice to see it could be in the works!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

it's probably not allowed to roll

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
          it's probably not allowed to roll
          always the optimist.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• houseofdracula
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 11, 2011

I thought that it was only the 66 version of the Batmoblie that was forbidden to roll.
            Since the Mego version does have some differences than the actual TV show car, they might be able to get away with it.
            The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
            https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• lilbrosj66
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 4, 2011

It would be great if they could do it with rolling wheels and have it be more to scale.

Comment

• captact
                King of Super Queens!
                • Aug 19, 2007

Id be happy with one of these,...IF....it was molded way larger than the original so figures will look proportioned once seated inside.....

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 14, 2012

With this mold, in addition to the traditional Mego Batmobile they could mold one in blue and make a pretty good Superfriends batmobile. Some red/orange pinstripes and a different set of stickers could turn it into a more screen accurate 1966 TV Batmobile. And a 1980s Super Powers Batmobile could be made from this, as well.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

I'd buy one...blue or black. And if the wheels didn't roll, I'd figure out how to customize it so they would roll.
                    sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

This is happening; and in 3 colors !

Source: http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...2&e=ce704b24aa
                      Last edited by warlock664; Feb 24, '17, 7:53 AM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        If they made the fabled (and totally fake) blue Batmobile, I might have to bite. My original is minty fresh otherwise, but nice to see it could be in the works!

Chris
                        Sharpen those chompers!

Comment

• invisiblelad
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by warlock664
                          This is happening; and in 3 colors !
                          YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! YAY! I haven't bought anything from FTC in a long time (x10 Super Gal repros ALL with defective NO-Neck Bods, BIG Heads on New charaacters, Too detaailed on New figs tto go w/ Megos, Goofy smiles. ect.)

BUT ...... I NEED a Repro BATMOBILE, so my 3 1/2 year Old Grandson, & 2 1/2 Granddaughter, can ROLL the repro FTC BATMAN & Robin across the Floor to Get The Super Foes!!! Just like my Brother & I did in the 1970s! I was born in 1974, my brother in 1970, so he had one, & then years later near 1979 or 1980 I rec'd. one MINTY Batmobile from my cousins w/ a fresh New Batman & Robin in it, & My 1st Ever Batgirl Mego that I fell in <3 with), to replace my brother's long dead RC & RM BM & Robin, & my MC & PM Robin, that had all passed away due to fatal injuries, & multiple accidents as far as the Batmobile we had!! So that gifted set (My Cousins Luke & Marla obviously did not play with there Megos at all lol!)

Thanks or the scoop man!

Thanks FTC. I have stopped buying your stuff pretty much, ...But This repro BATMOBILE, & if you make Black & Blue Batcycles (maybe Purple for Batgirl !!!!), You've got a Sale if they aare reasonably priced of Course! (Not expecting cheap obviously!)

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

Well crap. I either love those or I hate them! I'm not sure which. I could totally see getting one and rigging it with lights.

I'd probably be more likely to get a bat-cycle though. It was more in scale. I agree with a purple one for Batgirl too! A red one for adult Robin would be GREAT!

I'd love to see them do a bubble vehicle that could be done in blue for a Supermobile and clear for Wonder Woman's jet. And black for Batman of course!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

Grrrr.... I have my original Batmobile in pretty good shape; minor wear and could use a repro sticker or two to go with the repro front grill pieces I added. But to get a minty fresh one AND a blue one... price pending, I don't think I can pass. It will be the first vehicle or playset that I have purchased from FTC, although it is now spurring me to finally bite of the Batlab, which is something I always wanted as a kid, but never had.

Just need a Batcopter (never had) and a black Batcycle (I have a blue one). They better not make a Wayne Manor; one of my biggest wants as a kid and am item I would agonize over buying a repro of (along with the Hall of Justice).

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎