X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Black Mirror -anyone watching?

I just wanted to really recommend this UK TV show. Netflix picked up the first two series a couple years ago from Channel 4 in England, and it did so well for them, they produced the third series themselves (love when they do this) and released it last month. I wasn't really sure if it belongs in the horror forum, but it does have horrific elements, it's kind of like The Twilight Zone, but most episodes take place in the near future and involve computers, cell phones or TV (the "Black Mirror" referenced in the title). I blew through half of the new season last night and was happy to see that it's still really good. It really makes you think how we are interacting with technology in modern society, and not in a good way.
    Anyway, highly recommended if you are looking to try out a new show.
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

I was pretty disappointed with the new season. The first two are pretty great, and ho boy that first episode is a DOOZY!
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Loved the Christmas special but the ep with Bryce Howard was a bit of a chore, although I totally think that is the future.

Meaning to watch more but WestworldLukeCageFlashLegendsSuperstore happened.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
        It's kind of like The Twilight Zone,...It really makes you think how we are interacting with technology in modern society, and not in a good way.
        I've been thinking about that a lot, especially lately. Thanks for the recommendation--I love TZ and will try to check out Black Mirror.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
          Loved the Christmas special but the ep with Bryce Howard was a bit of a chore, although I totally think that is the future.

Meaning to watch more but WestworldLukeCageFlashLegendsSuperstore happened.
          I liked the first half better than the second half of the Bryce Howard episode, but yeah, I think it's scarily accurate of where we're heading. It makes me hate social media even more. The Christmas special with Jon Hamm was awesome!

I'm caught up on Westworld, finished Luke Cage but am wayyyy behind on everything else! I guess I can't complain that there are too many good shows to watch.

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I've been thinking about that a lot, especially lately. Thanks for the recommendation--I love TZ and will try to check out Black Mirror.
          Yeah, give it a shot, but be warned that the first episode of series one is a bit...different (probably offensive to some) but does not set the tone for the rest of the series, while the second episode does.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎