Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Sorry to hear that Brian. I think we tend to put old friends in a time bubble of some sorts; our lives move on, but they are in stasis out there, waiting for us to reconnect with them when we get time. The truth is, time and life marches on, and sometimes it doesn't go well. I lost a college friend and mentor in a car accident I knew nothing about. It was a year before I heard of his passing, and I was devastated.

Hang in there.

Chris
    Funny that this came back up. I really wish I had re-read this thread earlier. Last week my childhood friend Michael died. He had Leukemia when he was a toddler, and apparently the radiation treatment he went through eventually gave him a brain tumor. He had it removed, but he didn't live long past the operation.

His grandmother was my next door neighbor growing up, and my mom went to school with his dad. We started playing together when we were 6 or 7. He and his brother and I spent several summers together, only separated when we slept or ate.

We fell out when we were around 12. It was something silly, but we never truly reconciled. He briefly attended the college I went to and we talked a bit. But we never quite buried the hatchet and reconnected.

I found out through a FB post his older brother shared. In it he mentioned Michael was into vintage toys and ran a store in nearby Lexington, where I now work. So all of those years, we had SO much in common.

I really feel like I missed out on reconnecting with someone who I had so much in common with then and now. So, to go back to Brian's original message, 3 years ago... don't hesitate. Reach out now.

Chris
    Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Jun 10, '19, 11:22 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎