X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

The Six Million Dollar Wall of Toys...

From the Facebook page of Big Fun Columbus, one of my favorite vintage toy stores around here...

They have been building and then posting pics of walls of toys this past month prepping for the holiday season, this was their latest one.

So much cool stuff...

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

If I was rich, I would buy every last piece. Awesome display!!

I snagged two old SMDM LPs from Power Records during my lunch today for ten bucks. I can't seem to pass up anything with Steve.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Another of their wall of toys they posted...

I need to go see if they still have the Micronauts pieces from that wall

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

How are their prices?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

I am relatively new to the vintage toy market (having come from comics), so I can't comment with any kind of expertise, but I have been pleased with what I have paid for stuff there and when I saw them at the Columbus Toy Show, their prices at the show were on par with (and in some cases better than) other dealers with the same stuff. I do know their customer service is top notch and they are people who love toys working there and their passion shows in how they run the store, so I am glad to support their efforts.

-M

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Also, they have a sister store in Cleveland too, which I have never been to, but which was featured in an webisode of Comic Trips on youtube (a toy & comic hunting series by a young couple who are die-hard fans, though a generation younger than me) and it seems they match the passion and selection of the Columbus store, but might be a bigger location.

-M

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

So ... much... pink! Lovely to see it all arranged like that. When you think about it, it's pretty remarkable that Kenner chose pink for the line look of what I'm sure was considered a "boy's toy line".

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

If you go the right day you might see a Mego Museum t-shirt on one of their gang.

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  If you go the right day you might see a Mego Museum t-shirt on one of their gang.

The only day I usually make a trip into Columbus with my work schedule is on Sundays and occasionally on Monday holidays, but I think one of the guys manning their table at CTS may have had a Mego Museum shirt on, but there was so much sensory overload that day that details are fuzzy.

-M

Comment

• toyman
                    Just Another Collector
                    • Sep 1, 2008

Those are very cool, anyone notice the Mego Superman in the glass display on the left?

Comment

• shazam7208
                      Career Member
                      • Oct 28, 2008

Awesome! My kind of store!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                        • Apr 3, 2007

I have a lot of those items, (loose). So cool to see them all displayed like that, like our old school toy stores.
                        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                          Museum Paramedic
                          • Aug 31, 2005

Looks like a store that we could spend all day in.

- Ian
                          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I'm definitely stopping in there on my next trip to Columbus!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Nov 29, 2012

I live in the Cleveland area and I've been to both of the big fun sites they used to be in Lakewood and one in downtown. Their prices are actually very high.

Like any retail stop once you have a shingle on your door the price marks up at least 300%. They usually pay next to nothing for items or even point-blank lied to customers to try to get the item cheaper. then they mark it up anywhere from 250 to 400% of whatever they paid for it and at least a solid 75% higher than retail.

The majority of the items in Cleveland and when they were located in Lakewood usually are open , almost always are missing most of the assessories, tend to have minor play or more, and the prices are high retail prices (mint versions) for the toys being sold.

I used to get good deals because I made nice with the staff, but stopped going to big fun about five years ago when I saw firsthand some of the sales people lying to a family with financial hardship to get the toy for a cheaper price. They bought it then literally within five minutes slapped a sticker on it put in their display case for a 400% markup.

They have no ethics, plus anything they have to offer you can find online, better condition and complete for less than they charge.
                              Last edited by Mr. Hollywood; Nov 21, '16, 1:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎