X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Reaction figures return to Super7, Funko out of picture

According to this article on Action Figure Insider http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/r...er-to-produce/...

...it looks like Funko is giving up on the ReAction line and will be focusing on Pops and apparel, but will develop their own line of action figures inthe future. Super7 is takingback control of the ReAction line moving forward and will introduce new lines for it.

from the article...

November 10th, 2016 San Francisco, Ca. – Super7 Retail, Inc. and Funko, LLC are pleased to announce that, effective immediately, Super7 Retail will resume designing, manufacturing, and distributing ReAction Figures and related merchandise. Since 2013, Super7 has partnered with Funko to release the ReAction line to great success. Super7 will build on that success by debuting a variety of new and exciting ReAction Figures in the coming months and years. Funko will continue to focus on growing its core lines of pop culture-licensed collectibles and apparel into 2017 and beyond, including developing an all-new line of action figures produced solely by Funko. Super7 invites inquiries from wholesalers, retailers and licensees regarding Super7’s full-line of ReAction Figures.

and some answers to expected questions...

A few answers to start with:
    1. Yes, E.T. will still come out through Funko and you will be able to buy existing Funko inventory from Funko directly until they are out of stock. I believe they have a reorder also coming in on Dark Crystal. I do not know about Golden Girls, but assume yes on those as well.
    2. No, we don’t hate each other. Funko has been more successful over the last few years than anyone could have imagined or predicted. In that time Super7 has grown as well. This was a perfect time for both of us to concentrate on core product lines for each company. To that point, we have the very last collaborative figure to announce for sale tomorrow.
    3. When will we announce what is next for ReAction? Well, Street Fighter is out as of last week, and Hellboy is out in January. Everything else will be shown at NYTF 2017. (February) Hold tight, I think you will be very happy.
    I guess I hadn't heard about the Hellboy figs, might have to get those.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

I'm guessing it's the same with the other toy lines as well? I think Funko was the reason that the Super Shogun Boba Fett got made, so I'm guessing there will be no more in that line. :-(

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎