X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Destroy all Rack Toy Monsters!

It wasn't easy to find decent Godzilla Rack Toys here in North America when I was a lad. I recently discovered this fun piece by Yamakatsu in Japan that many of us would have adored as kids, it's Destroy all Monsters on a card!

My best guess is these rubber dudes came out in the mid 1980s, anybody want to confirm?For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

I know that the Yamakatsu Godzilla vinyls came out in 1983, but according to Club Tokyo, the carded rubber figures came out the following year.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Makes sense, around the mid 1980s I went nuts for Yamakatsu Toho Sticker albums until the Silver Snail ran out. Still hoping to finish it someday......

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Really neat !!!

I remember back in the day (1972-ish) my buddy had King Kong and Godzilla finger puppets.

They were rubber waist up figures that were unpainted. (each was a different color)

To this day I've never seen another one.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
          Makes sense, around the mid 1980s I went nuts for Yamakatsu Toho Sticker albums until the Silver Snail ran out. Still hoping to finish it someday......

I missed seeing those at Silver Snail but I would have went nuts over them too. Love that shot of Ghidora and Jet Jaguar!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎