X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Logan's Run movie

Was just watching Logan's Run again ... had it recorded from last week's showing on TCM.

Something I've always wondered -- when did Logan turn good and was running for real ?

Was it right after he betrayed the sanctuary group down in the basement ? ... or later when he already went outside ?

Also, what's up with the "woooow-woooow-woooow-woooow-woooow" sounds at the sex farm ?

I can't imagine this sound putting anyone in the mood
  • Apositive
    Career Member
    • Apr 3, 2011

I think Logan's turn from Sandman operative to genuine runner was a gradual one, all that danger plus him falling for the female runner(can't recall the character's name) and once they met the old man in Washington that was just the icing on the cake. At least that's how I recall it....but keep in mind it's been a good 15 years since I've seen it. I did read the original novel and I recommend it as it went into more detail. It's also a very short read(under 200 pages).....

That's a great movie....it often gets dissed because of the shopping mall sets but it's a solid sci-fi epic.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

He started turning good when he realized that the computer lied to him about reverting him to his proper age after the assignment was over
      JediJaida

Comment

• Neutron X
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
        He started turning good when he realized that the computer lied to him about reverting him to his proper age after the assignment was over
        Ditto, if I remember correctly he lost 5years off of his life.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

also, the computer tried to kill him when he went to get his face changed

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

It was Doc who tried to kill him with his surgical equipment at New You, not the computer.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I think the Sanctuary people called the Doc right before the operation to get him to kill Logan.

So the Doc technically isn't a bad guy.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

i think you are correct Mike. it's been a while since I watched it but I did pick it up on bluray. I will have to give it another watch. always loved the movie

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

I should watch the movie again. The original novel is worth a read and very different from the movie in key parts.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎