Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stan Against Evil

Images

Stan Against Evil

Anyone watch this last night? I missed the first few minutes of Episode 1, but I enjoyed it. I haven't watched Ash vs. The Evil Dead (no Starz), but having seen the films, I think this series owes a lot of it's feel to the concept.

It's a good mix of horror and humor with a good premise. The backstory allows for some interesting ideas to be explored, and I'm always a sucker for a creepy town setting.

I'm going to give it a few weeks. I liked what I saw here.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    I watched and thought it was funny. I'm in for a few weeks too to see where it goes. The witch at the funeral was hilarious.

Blog Entries
    I know Dana Gould created this and I like him but this really feels like an Ash KO.

I plan to check it out as the lead is fantastic.

Kinda reminds me of Grimm.

Images
    I've always liked McGinley. Odd factoid: He was the voice of the Atom on JLU. It's one of those weird facts I forget, and when I remember it, it surprises me.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I know Dana Gould created this and I like him but this really feels like an Ash KO.

Watched the first two episodes so far.
    Its okay but definitely they are jumping on the ash band wagon.
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Images
    Well, the first season is over, and I pretty much enjoyed the show. Some funny moments, & McGinley was great.
    Wonder why IFC burned through it so fast? That fact doesn't sound promising for a second season, although it ended on a cliffhanger.

Images
    Anyone watching the new season? I know this is Season 3 and we skipped discussing Season 2. The X-Files and Kaiju episodes were particularly strange, even for this show. But I still enjoyed them.

This season is NUTS. Just plan weird. But I'm kind of loving how out there it is. Ash vs. The Evil Dead is over so I guess Stan kind of outlasted it in a way? That's odd.

Chris

Haven’t checked out season three yet, and considering ash made three seasons I guess we’ll just have to wait for a season 4 of Stan to say he truly outlasted ash.
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Images
    Got caught up the other night on Season 3. I hadn't realized it had started again. The Kaiju episode was really good, the weird twins, and the miniature town!
    And then Bill the Demon...the X-Files send up...it's clever. Really clever. The cast is great too.

I just don't get the scheduling they use. It's like they just want to hurry and get it over with.